Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2012, 06:41 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,031,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
this is a textbook response I would expect from a woman in any town. A job will never trump looks unless the job offers floor seats to his fave team... so it is time for you to stop thinking a man is intimidated by your looks. you have not accepted how much being fat handicaps you that is what i see.
Generally true.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:44 PM

175 posts, read 279,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
this is a textbook response I would expect from a woman in any town. A job will never trump looks unless the job offers floor seats to his fave team... so it is time for you to stop thinking a man is intimidated by your looks. you have not accepted how much being fat handicaps you that is what i see.
I fully realize that my size limits my dating prospects significantly. I just know that my entire self-worth is not dictated by the 180 on the scale. I live a full active life but I am ready for the right man that can see past my size. Sorry I'm not going to be lock myself in my apartment until my body fits your standards.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:07 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,918,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetnights View Post

And I do work out (Zumba) several times a week and eat sensibly. I have a medical condition (PCOS) that makes it very hard to lose weight due to increased testosterone and other hormonal factors.

Thanks for opportunity to vent...and shout-out to all my fellow fat-bottomed girls.
I'm willing to bet your testerone levels are still much much lower than the average man's; so that's probably not the reason you can't lose weight.

Last edited by bicoastal10; 10-21-2012 at 08:23 PM..

Old 10-21-2012, 08:10 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,660,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
I'm willing to bet your testerone levels are still much much lower than the average man's; so that's probably not the reason you can't loose weight.
It's actually the opposite. Higher testosterone = leaner mass.

A lot of people notice the first thing on anabolic steroids is they lose all their body fat.

When I was a kid, and my testosterone was through the roof, I could eat anything and drink anything and not gain weight at all.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:17 PM

175 posts, read 279,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
It's actually the opposite. Higher testosterone = leaner mass.

A lot of people notice the first thing on anabolic steroids is they lose all their body fat.

When I was a kid, and my testosterone was through the roof, I could eat anything and drink anything and not gain weight at all.
You attribute your thin build as a kid to testosterone?

Old 10-21-2012, 08:22 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,660,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetnights View Post
You attribute your thin build as a kid to testosterone?
Yes when it comes to fat tissue. I have done a lot of working out of the years, and have worked out with people who cycled. The very first thing they notice (before they even gain muscle) is the fat melts off. MELTS off. I never cycled, though I know the best way to keep the fat off is doing exercises like squats and dead lifts. But besides the point.

I have been friends with a lot of women who have been fat. A lot of them gave me song and dances about how they have so and so medical condition, etc. But when it came down to it, I was around them to know how much they were active and how much they ate. At the same time I'm around enough skinny/in shape women to know the same. It never added to the same. Wonder why.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:39 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,471,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
Yes when it comes to fat tissue. I have done a lot of working out of the years, and have worked out with people who cycled. The very first thing they notice (before they even gain muscle) is the fat melts off. MELTS off. I never cycled, though I know the best way to keep the fat off is doing exercises like squats and dead lifts. But besides the point.

I have been friends with a lot of women who have been fat. A lot of them gave me song and dances about how they have so and so medical condition, etc. But when it came down to it, I was around them to know how much they were active and how much they ate. At the same time I'm around enough skinny/in shape women to know the same. It never added to the same. Wonder why.
I am not sure of the correlation between testosterone and thyroid, but my friend growing up could eat anything he wanted because he had hyperthyroidism and then when he turned almost 30 he had to start eating normal portions because it normalized. Some of the meds people take affect your thyroid.

And yes an old roommate years back, I found out later cycled D ball twice a year and other fun stuff he said it took about 3 weeks to kick in and he was went from benching 215 12 reps to over 300 after the three weeks. He tried to get me to try no thanks. And yes he did say his appetite went through the roof. He just mentioned you couldn't mix steroids with alcohol otherwise they didn't work.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:36 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,449 times
USA is the most obese country in the world and I wonder if there is really an epidemic in the USA for obesity as all overweight people seem to have some medical condition problem.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:38 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
I'm willing to bet your testerone levels are still much much lower than the average man's; so that's probably not the reason you can't lose weight.
Hormones can impact weight loss though. I'm breast-feeding momma. I've read many stories of women like myself holding on to "fat" and the last 10 pounds they need to lose until they've completely weaned and their hormones have normalized again. Don't underestimate the power of hormones and the ability for one to lose weight. I know women with thyroid issues or PCOS who do, indeed, have trouble losing weight. They have to work EXTREMELY hard to do so.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:01 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,449 times
I wonder how many American women REALLY have all these kinds of medical reasons they list and how many are just simply being lazy and eating like a pig.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.