Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 11:59 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post

It's an example of being thinner, yet unhealthy.

A spinach and mushroom egg white omelette with one slice of wheat toast.

A mixed green salad with feta cheese and croutons.

Vegetarian duck sauteed with mixed veggies, garlic and soy sauce or a veggieburger no bun topped with mushrooms and a side salad.

This is a typical day for me. It's very low calorie, yet they are a lot of macronutrients that most people don't get in whatever 2000 calories they gorge themselves with a day.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:05 PM

249 posts, read 306,594 times
Quote:
Hahahaha! You're joking.

Body fat ratio has zero to do with fidelity.

Unless a woman is so large she can't get outta the house to meet people (and this is becoming less important due to the Internet), a chick that wants to get laid CAN get laid.

If you hear a woman griping about not getting any, it's because she's picky, not because she can't get laid by a halfway to moderately attractive man.

And as you just said? The majority of men are willing to hit anything.
That is where bitterness comes through. Women can GET ANYTHING THEY WANT. And the men? Nothing. Cause I know a lot of good looking friends of mine consider it a game and a joy to "beat" that. So they go around like crazy. Most of them are over 300 partners.

And yes, body fat ratio has a lot to do with fidelity if you are a woman. Eventually men will not want you, so they have to stick with being faithful.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:24 PM

708 posts, read 878,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salami-rules View Post
That is where bitterness comes through. Women can GET ANYTHING THEY WANT. And the men? Nothing. Cause I know a lot of good looking friends of mine consider it a game and a joy to "beat" that. So they go around like crazy. Most of them are over 300 partners.

And yes, body fat ratio has a lot to do with fidelity if you are a woman. Eventually men will not want you, so they have to stick with being faithful.
A woman who will sleep with any available prospect is not at all the same as "women can GET ANYTHING THEY WANT".

Do you have any research to back up your assertions about weight and fidelity. You seem like you are sort of contradicting yourself...just a second ago you said women can get anything they want.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:31 PM

85 posts, read 202,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post

Vegetarian duck sauteed with mixed veggies, garlic and soy sauce or a veggieburger no bun topped with mushrooms and a side salad.

This is a typical day for me. It's very low calorie, yet they are a lot of macronutrients that most people don't get in whatever 2000 calories they gorge themselves with a day.

I am 5'4" and 120lbs. If I ate only this in one day, I would lose weight drastically and end up being extremely underweight in a month's time. I have always had an extremely fast-moving metabolism and I almost always need to eat around 5 smallish-medium sized meals per day. I also usually need heavier foods to keep me full for longer.

I think that it's important to realize that everyone's body works differently, and some people, as JetJockey inferred, simply need more calories/energy due to metabolism/height/frame/etc. And yes, some people have a much harder time losing weight than others - for me, it's a simple matter of waiting longer in between meals; I don't even have to be more active or eat healthier food.

It's obviously not that easy for everyone.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:37 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Hahahaha! You're joking.

Body fat ratio has zero to do with fidelity.

Unless a woman is so large she can't get outta the house to meet people (and this is becoming less important due to the Internet), a chick that wants to get laid CAN get laid.

If you hear a woman griping about not getting any, it's because she's picky, not because she can't get laid by a halfway to moderately attractive man.

And as you just said? The majority of men are willing to hit anything.
^^^ That is why I can't understand why people would sympathize with a woman who complains she is not able to have sex. A woman can have sex in a snap without effort whatsoever, whenever she wants. Like you said, a chick that wants to get laid CAN get laid, plain simple. Doesn’t matter if she’s fat or not. Still, the fat one will be less desirable though.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:42 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,377,273 times
Quote:
Thank you. I find it even more annoying when it's a twentysomething female who has never dealt with any of what you mentioned preaching so rudely to women well into their thirties. I always think "wait and see."

I know of a rare few women who never have to worry much about their weight at any time throughout their lives and some to struggle to keep a pound on. It's gotta be metabolic, because they're not any more or less active than anyone else.

Most people need to put in effort to keep in shape. Some need to put in more than usual due to a variety of genetic/metabolic factors.

Agree... I don't watch what I eat and don't exercise consistently but I've always been a healthy weight (size 4) without having to work at it, even after kids. I have friends who are working much harder than me to keep the weight off and can't seem to meet their goals. My sisters, friends, hubby are always telling me that I should be obese based on what I eat (hey, I do love food).

I do think genetics has a lot to do with it. I was very skinny as a kid/teenager. I also drink a lot of coffee (8+ cups a day for decades) and attribute that to increasing my metabolism which helps me keep the weight off.

Guys like different things. My SO is always commenting on how he loves my small butt/hips/legs, while I've had a male friend tell me that most men prefer butt/hips/legs that are bigger than mine. Luckily, I've attracted the kind of guy I like.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:42 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:

That is very low calorie and yes, full of nutrients. I could never survive on that though. I don't think most people could. I would eat 2000 calories if I wanted to lose gradually.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:48 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That is very low calorie and yes, full of nutrients. I could never survive on that though. I don't think most people could. I would eat 2000 calories if I wanted to lose gradually.
Me either... I mean it sounds fine, nutritionally. But two things would happen to me if I ate this way: 1. I would lose hair, because I wouldn't be getting enough calories. 2. I would be tired, weak and grouchy.

I have tried low calorie diets and starving myself and they never panned out right for me. In order for me to maintain my ideal weight I need 1850 calories. There is no reason for me to starve myself, when I can eat more. That being said, there was one year in college where I lost like 20 pounds in 4.5 weeks. I wasn't even eating well, but I wasn't eating much. I would eat a bag of M&M's(LOL) and Juice for breakfast. Lunch I would pick at fries and chicken sandwhich(again barely eating it) and dinner--same thing barely eating what it was that I got to eat. I was walking a lot, and sleeping a lot too. I lost a lot of weight and I was fine barely eating actually. But I could barely lift anything(I had like no strength), I lost hair, and I looked sickly honestly. I had gotten extremely thin. I think it was going through homesickness and depression so that could have been why I was barely eating. But I certainly can't do that now. I get super hungry if I don't eat a certain amount. Some people don't need as many calories though. My sister has a friend who barely eats everyday, she eats like one or two very small things and is done. She is very thin and just not a hungry person. I attribute hunger to metabolism. If you have a very fast metabolism, you'll get hungry more often and need more fuel to fire it. If you don't then you won't be as hungry and can get by with much less fuel. I find that these days I seem to need more fuel to get by.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:52 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,812 times
Honestly from this thread, I think every body works differently, the idea that we all work the same, and need the "same" things and can lose weight the same just isn't correct. While a very low calorie diet may work for some, it may not work for others. A high calorie diet could attribute to weight lost or maintenance for some, while for others it could cause them to be fat. It just really depends on your metabolism, your activity level, body frame, age, etc. Maybe if I were trying to get down to 110 or something I could see how eating a very low calorie diet for the rest of my life would be optimal, however I don't want to be that thin(and doubt I could get that thin even if I try). I look best for my body frame, and structure at 125-135. And I'm 5ft2. I also look fine at 135-140, but after 140 I start to look thicker than I'd like. When people meet me, and I'm at those weights, people always assume I'm much smaller than what I weigh, but for some reason I tend to weigh more than I look.

Last edited by sunkisses87; 10-23-2012 at 01:09 PM..

Old 10-23-2012, 12:58 PM

708 posts, read 878,719 times
Quote:

Pretend duck and veggie burgers in many cases are processed soy products with the "macronutrients" added after the fact. I used to eat lots of veggie burgers, thinking they were healthy. Felt better once I stopped. Eating a vegetarain diet is great....not so much when you add in the processed pretend foods though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships