Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 04:18 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times

Advertisements

Soletaire is on point

Old 10-23-2012, 04:20 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,554,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Absolutely! It is getting really old having men tell us women what we're doing wrong though. We have completely different body types, hormonal makeups etc etc. Men can lose weight and gain muscle fairly easily and most women have a much harder time of it. They just don't get it.
The men, and also the women who seem to know it all.

Weight seems to be a black and white area, though. I am five feet tall so I should be no more than 100 pounds. Women should weigh no more than ______ pounds. In reality, people should mind their own damn business!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:25 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post

Weight seems to be a black and white area, though. I am five feet tall so I should be no more than 100 pounds. Women should weigh no more than ______ pounds. In reality, people should mind their own damn business!

They often site the BMI index, which is also not too accurate as well.

Back in HS I weighed about 175 or so, the BMI said based on my height I was about 5 pounds heavy. I show Mrs. chow pics of me then, and she said I looked like a rail..... Some people just carry the weight differently.. I guess, I don't know.... course now, I'd be happy just to be 180 or 185, but that is left for another thread...

Old 10-23-2012, 04:34 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,271,710 times
FAT is to broad a term, no pun intended.

You can have obese, stocky, overweight, curvy, sexy, a few pounds over scrawn. Somewhere in there, over 50% of women lurk.

I personally don't like the mindset that some have that a few pounds over the chart is "fat", as it's too broad a category. Muscle weighs heavier than fat for instance so weight alone is not a good indicator. You've also got to look at body type, how well the person "carries" their extra weight, etc. Some bigger girls are absolutely stunning.

Then you have to go to proportion. A lot of women are overweight but carry it on their breasts or booty, which is desireable, and no one calls them "fat".

So.

Fat in itself? Not necessarily bad.

Ugly fat? Bad.

I lost 400lb of ugly fat in one day, once.

I got a divorce!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:34 PM

499 posts, read 756,570 times
Quote:

Right and men "should all be 6 feet tall".

Seriously, I'm respectful to women who have weight issues because I know it is a sensitive topic, but I don't feel sorry for them in the realm of dating and sex.

Women are judged physically on things they can control (looks, boob size, butt size). They can get boob jobs, tummy tucks, plastic surgery, skin tightening, etc etc. Short women are seen as cute, tall women are seen as models, fat girls are seen as "more pushing for the cushion".

Whether it is hard or not, weight can be controlled

Men are judged physically by things they cannot control. Baldness, Height, Penis Size, and with women, those are dealbreakers.

Since women control sex, it's their world. I simply can't feel bad when the topic is something that can be controlled.

If you told a guy that if he went to the gym everyday and could only eat 500 calories a day to be and stay 6 ft tall, or grow a full head of hair back, every man alive would be in the gym working relentlessly.

The point is, Fat women do just fine. It's when entitlement sets in (like the guy above said about the Plumber vs the 6 pack 6'3 rich CEO) when they start complaining about the media, "expectations" etc.

Not the same as 5 ft women turning their nose at 5'6 guys, fat women turning their nose at fat guys because they think they deserve better and won't budge or cutting a guy loose because his winky is smaller than her thumb.

That 6 ft football player would take one for the team and bang Ms. Fattie

Ms Fattie wouldn't bang Mr. 5'2 or "Thumbelina" to take it for the team lol

Last edited by Walter002; 10-23-2012 at 04:42 PM..

Old 10-23-2012, 04:41 PM

469 posts, read 566,893 times
Personally, i wouldn't say they're as "repulsive" as this topic has said, but if you have a little bit of body fat i find it attractive. But if you let yourself go, it shows (as a woman) that you "CHOOSE" not to take care of yourself. I understand that some women/people are born with their parents genes, put on weight after having children etc. but if you don't do anything to help yourself!?!? Why should a guy be interested? If a man knows you're overweight and you do things to stay healthy and active, you will not be viewed as repulsive. On the other hand, if you continue to let yourself go and do nothing about it, yeah that is viewed as kind of repulsive. Sorry just how i feel.

~R.G.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:41 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:

Agreed. I've had men tell me I shouldn't weigh over 140 lbs.... I look gaunt and sickly below 150! In fact, even though I'm overweight right now most guys still peg me at 30 or so lbs smaller than I really am. They really have no clue.

I'm sure in my late teens/early 20s I would have had the same smug attitude because I was around 120 lbs and ate like a horse. I drank, ate fast food and was probably putting away 4 or 5k calories a day without gaining a lb. Then, they changed my medication up and I gained 60 lbs in less than 3 months. Since then it's been very difficult to lose and even maintain my weight considering this is the only medication available in the US to treat my disorder.

I'm far less smug now

Old 10-23-2012, 04:43 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryazer24 View Post
Personally, i wouldn't say they're as "repulsive" as this topic has said, but if you have a little bit of body fat i find it attractive. But if you let yourself go, it shows (as a woman) that you "CHOOSE" not to take care of yourself. I understand that some women/people are born with their parents genes, put on weight after having children etc. but if you don't do anything to help yourself!?!? Why should a guy be interested? If a man knows you're overweight and you do things to stay healthy and active, you will not be viewed as repulsive. On the other hand, if you continue to let yourself go and do nothing about it, yeah that is viewed as kind of repulsive. Sorry just how i feel.

~R.G.
Not true.

It doesn't matter what you're doing about your weight, even if you're in the process of losing it, most men simply won't date you until you're thinner. They'll just wait.

It's all about what you look like RIGHT NOW, not what you might look like in the future. Even then, as said by one of the men here, most women will still have stretch marks or slightly saggy skin which is then seen as unattractive. So, either way we lose.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:45 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Right and men "should all be 6 feet tall".

Seriously, I'm respectful to women who have weight issues because I know it is a sensitive topic, but I don't feel sorry for them in the realm of dating and sex.

Women are judged physically on things they can control (looks, boob size, butt size). They can get boob jobs, tummy tucks, plastic surgery, skin tightening, etc etc. Short women are seen as cute, tall women are seen as models, fat girls are seen as "more pushing for the cushion".

Whether it is hard or not, weight can be controlled

Men are judged physically by things they cannot control. Baldness, Height, Penis Size, and with women, those are dealbreakers.

Since women control sex, it's their world. I simply can't feel bad when the topic is something that can be controlled.

If you told a guy that if he went to the gym everyday and could only eat 500 calories a day to be and stay 6 ft tall, or grow a full head of hair back, every man alive would be in the gym working relentlessly.

The point is, Fat women do just fine. It's when entitlement sets in (like the guy above said about the Plumber vs the 6 pack 6'3 rich CEO) when they start complaining about the media, "expectations" etc.

Not the same as 5 ft women turning their nose at 5'6 guys, fat women turning their nose at fat guys because they think they deserve better and won't budge or cutting a guy loose because his winky is smaller than her thumb.

That 6 ft football player would take one for the team and bang Ms. Fattie

Ms Fattie wouldn't bang Mr. 5'2 or "Thumbelina" to take it for the team lol
Oy, don't you know any other tunes?

P.S. there are surgeries to change baldness, penis size, and height.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:53 PM

469 posts, read 566,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Not true.

It doesn't matter what you're doing about your weight, even if you're in the process of losing it, most men simply won't date you until you're thinner. They'll just wait.

It's all about what you look like RIGHT NOW, not what you might look like in the future. Even then, as said by one of the men here, most women will still have stretch marks or slightly saggy skin which is then seen as unattractive. So, either way we lose.
Ah, a good argument there. I agree, but there are those select few that would. (Can't categorize all of us :P ). I agree with what you say, but i must say that would be applied to most men and not all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships