Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 09:50 AM

61 posts, read 59,817 times

Advertisements

My ex (of a year) and I have been broken up for about a month and a half but have since starting hanging out this past week and enjoying each other. I'm glad she has her friend time but here's where the issue comes in. Yesterday she told me she was going to a movie with her friends and a guy we both believe likes her. So I got tired of waiting for an invite and finally said, glad you got a new guy friend. He invite her btw and brought a friend. She claims she was going to invite me before I said something but who knows. She tells me she loves me and weve been kissing each other but last night we were hanging out before she went to this movie. I figured she would ask me to go at some point when I was with her but she didn't and when I asked her later why she didn't she said, You made your bed and now you have to lie in it. I texted her (I was drinking some) and didn't think she wanted to be with me, she replied saying this is why we aren't together, because you can't leave me alone. Well, I try calling her a couple hours after her movie is over and she doesnt answer. Her phone is on "do not disturb" mode after 11 pm and I texted her (shouldn't have) and I said some things accusing her of being with the guy and possibly kissing him. Turns out she didn't do that stuff and she was upset today that I didn't have faith in her. From stuff she posted on social sites that night I thought I had reason to believe she might have done something with him. Today, she told me, if this ever worked in the future, she doesn't want me to chase her, but to pursue her and show her that she belongs to me, that I should be normal and not a jealous man. I'm rarely jealous, and in a scenario when she's with a guy that likes her and I'm not there, yeah I slipped some. I'm human. But where do I go from here? By pursuing her without chasing, what does that mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 09:53 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,567,755 times
Sounds like you are smothering her. Give her some room and you will be surprised how good things can be.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:54 AM

Thanks man. I had been doing really well with that since we started talking again and I just slipped up. Guess it just scared her

Old 10-19-2012, 09:54 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,588,132 times
Was she really your girlfriend in the last year? (I mean like, even she would say that you were her boyfriend. You asked her to be your girlfriend and she said yes?). That must be clarified first.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:57 AM

Yes she really was my girlfriend in the last year.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:02 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,588,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy21 View Post
Yes she really was my girlfriend in the last year.

Okay then. Honestly, I don't see this going anywhere good. I'm sorry.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:03 AM

why do you say that

Old 10-19-2012, 10:04 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,631,463 times
Sounds messy! It always gets that way when a breakup doesn't "take" completely. Look, you split and you need to stay that way if you value your sanity. Delete her number and find someone new or this will destroy you.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:04 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,956,105 times
I understand your position on this--it would be difficult to deal with someone who has expressed interest in you (and acted on it in the form of kissing, etc.) and "watch" her go out with someone else. Jealousy is a normal emotion.

That said, perhaps you should meet her for coffee somewhere neutral and talk it through with her. Explain your reaction (inappropriate as it may have been), and simply ask where your "relationship" stands. Are you two in a "seeing other people" situation, just friends, or something else?

Basically, settle this with basic communication.

--Dim

Old 10-19-2012, 10:09 AM

We did talk on the phone this morning and cleared alot of things up. I apologized for alot of the things I was saying out of emotion. We both agree that we don't know where we stand right now. She says that she's not sure we can even be friends right now, but I know she still loves me. I just have to hold on to trusting and not coming up with thoughts of what could be happening
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships