Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 09:47 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,595,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNP24 View Post
The guy I'm getting to know right now asked me out at the gym. If you are going to do it, be confident and fearless. That's the main reason why I took his number. He got on the machine next to me and started to chat me up. I was totally caught off guard. I am so happy he did. Otherwise I would have missed out on a good opportunity to meet a good person. The catch is you have to find out if the person is available. Don't listen to what others say. There are women out there who are single who are dying for a man to ask them out at the gym...
Exactly!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 12:44 PM

810 posts, read 1,802,239 times
I hear suggestions to wait until she is done with her workout and approach her while she is on her way out. This kind of sound a little bit awkward, though. How can I do that without coming across as creepy?

And no, I don't want to be known as the creepy guy, of course, but I would like to meet someone with a similar interest and lifestyle (fitness)

Old 10-22-2012, 12:51 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,398,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
I hear suggestions to wait until she is done with her workout and approach her while she is on her way out. This kind of sound a little bit awkward, though. How can I do that without coming across as creepy?

And no, I don't want to be known as the creepy guy, of course, but I would like to meet someone with a similar interest and lifestyle (fitness)
I would go with the above advice as she is a woman that said it worked on her.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:39 PM

FNP? I might. This woman is a bodybuilder, though, and looked to be very engrossed in her workout. Headphones too.

As an addendum, the type of women I am attracted to are NOT, I repeat, NOT the ones who go to the gym looking dolled up, looking to get hit on. I am attracted to the serious lifters.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:54 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,706,511 times
Quote:
FNP? I might. This woman is a bodybuilder, though, and looked to be very engrossed in her workout. Headphones too.

As an addendum, the type of women I am attracted to are NOT, I repeat, NOT the ones who go to the gym looking dolled up, looking to get hit on. I am attracted to the serious lifters.
Did you read my post? She makes good points but read what I wrote before FNP posted. You have to let the serious, bodybuilding type come to you. If she wants to talk to you she get around to it. Trust me.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Did you read my post? She makes good points but read what I wrote before FNP posted. You have to let the serious, bodybuilding type come to you. If she wants to talk to you she get around to it. Trust me.
That's tough, though. Culturally, guys are supposed to make the first move. This is also not a bodybuilding friendly gym, so there's not that many.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:22 PM

11,756 posts, read 11,946,202 times
Quote:
That's tough, though. Culturally, guys are supposed to make the first move. This is also not a bodybuilding friendly gym, so there's not that many.
What efforts have you made to find a woman who is into lifting/bodybuilding? Do you attend competitions? Is there an online forum, like this, for bodybuilding types, as opposed to meeting people through a dating site? Other than a local gym, do you put yourself in a position to meet others who are like-minded?

Is it the most important thing to you, to find a bodybuilder for a partner/spouse? I'm trying to understand because I don't have a passion so intense that I would restrict the dating pool to only people who have the exact same passion.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
What efforts have you made to find a woman who is into lifting/bodybuilding? Do you attend competitions? Is there an online forum, like this, for bodybuilding types, as opposed to meeting people through a dating site? Other than a local gym, do you put yourself in a position to meet others who are like-minded?

Is it the most important thing to you, to find a bodybuilder for a partner/spouse? I'm trying to understand because I don't have a passion so intense that I would restrict the dating pool to only people who have the exact same passion.
I've been to shows, but I have not competed. I am currently into boxing, but even if I stopped boxing I don't have the financial resources to be able to compete. I am looking for a better paying job, for as a college grad, I am technically underemployed. There isn't really a bodybuilding/weight training dating site, except for Fitness Singles, but it's a paid site and there aren't many in my age demographic in my city for me to pay for anyway. It's kind of hard to meet people at shows; they tend to keep in their own circles.

I can't lie, I am attracted to muscular women. I would ideally like a woman who shares in a fit lifestyle, as I am into that lifestyle as well. I've always been into women who have muscle and who can lift heavy weights. Cardio bunnies just don't do it for me. I don't do the bar/club thing at all.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:43 PM

11,756 posts, read 11,946,202 times
Quote:
I've been to shows, but I have not competed. I am currently into boxing, but even if I stopped boxing I don't have the financial resources to be able to compete. I am looking for a better paying job, for as a college grad, I am technically underemployed. There isn't really a bodybuilding/weight training dating site, except for Fitness Singles, but it's a paid site and there aren't many in my age demographic in my city for me to pay for anyway. It's kind of hard to meet people at shows; they tend to keep in their own circles.

I can't lie, I am attracted to muscular women. I would ideally like a woman who shares in a fit lifestyle, as I am into that lifestyle as well. I've always been into women who have muscle and who can lift heavy weights. Cardio bunnies just don't do it for me. I don't do the bar/club thing at all.
So the field is narrowed to bodybuilding women, but they're in short supply for your age and location and you're not willing to try the paid site. Honestly, I don't know where you could look to find a larger pool of women, since this is not something your average woman does. In all my 40 years, I've known ONE woman who was a bodybuilder.

Even if you meet this woman you have your eye on at the gym, she may already be in a relationship, or could simply not be interested in dating you, for whatever reason. Then what?

Would you rather not be in a relationship with a woman at all, if she doesn't meet the bodybuilding criteria?

Old 10-22-2012, 05:03 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,674,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Ugh. Why do guys feel the need to do this?

If you must approach her at the gym, don't interrupt her workout. Catch her on the way out or in.

Because its very very difficult to find extremely fit women outside the gym

Its not like it is for women who have a fetish for beefcakes...they can go anywhere and get whatever stud they want. Fit women are rare
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships