Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 01:53 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times

Advertisements

Maybe they couldn't take all that weight on top of them

Old 10-10-2013, 01:54 PM

809 posts, read 1,273,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Dude, you're walking on dangerous ground here.
When I enter metro north every Friday am, all eyes are on my pants

At least the prospective father-in-law, a supposedly old school baby boomer male, thinks I'm a snazzy dresser. You see the extent men need to go to in NYC to stand out of the crowd

Old 10-10-2013, 02:01 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,779,947 times
My boyfriend is fat. He admits it, knows it, lives up to it. I've never dated anyone anyone who's fat/overweight/obese (pick whichever term you'd like, lol) and so it has been an adjustment for me. But, he's making active strides to lose the weight. It's frustrating b/c although he's motivated, at times i see him reverting back to eating the same garbage that landed him in the high BMI category in the first place. I encourage him and am patient with him...but I know it's difficult. He knows very full well that I won't marry him if he continues to be obese. This is a deal breaker, and he knows it. A few pounds is acceptable, but obesity is not.

Dating someone who's overweight or obese is definitely not for the faint of heart, especially if you yourself are where you need to be weight-wise, and that person knows/acknowledges his/her weight issues, and is unhappy with his/her looks.

If it takes several years to put that weight on, it will definitely take some very dedicated time/discipline to get it off, or at least down and going in the right direction.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:10 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,814,294 times
I knew an old, bearded lumberjack (think Santa Claus length) that was significantly overweight with unkempt hair and skin related conditions that made his color not uniform. Yet he had no trouble with ladies and several women in relationships cheated on their boyfriends to be with him.

I found out that the secret to his success was that his penis was almost the length of a paper towel roll (not toilet paper roll, paper towel roll) and that he would stay hard even after ejaculating.

Since he was by society's standards, ugly and not successful, he aroused little suspicion.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
I knew an old, bearded lumberjack (think Santa Claus length) that was significantly overweight with unkempt hair and skin related conditions that made his color not uniform. Yet he had no trouble with ladies and several women in relationships cheated on their boyfriends to be with him.

I found out that the secret to his success was that his penis was almost the length of a paper towel roll (not toilet paper roll, paper towel roll) and that he would stay hard even after ejaculating.

Since he was by society's standards, ugly and not successful, he aroused little suspicion.
Lmao! Riiiiight.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:16 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Maybe they couldn't take all that weight on top of them
if someones weight just stays on top of the woman then maybe they are not doing it right.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:17 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,611,853 times
Quote:
Now that is funny............have you ever had sex with a larger man?
Trust me they can and do have a lot more stamina than smaller/thinner men I've known.
Don't get me wrong, I don't like skinny, scrawny, or a muscle head. But someone easily winded with a huge gut above their junk, doesn't float my boat. (I did kick-it with a chubby guy and I was disappointed. I vowed to select a healthier partner next time!) I did date a really nice guy who was 50-60 pounds overweight, with an attractive face. But all he talked about was all the TV shows he watched and bragged about how he never went out. I find nothing attractive or compatible about that.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Lmao! Riiiiight.
that entire story sounds like a fable, lol

Old 10-10-2013, 02:21 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdocjolly View Post
My boyfriend is fat. He admits it, knows it, lives up to it. I've never dated anyone anyone who's fat/overweight/obese (pick whichever term you'd like, lol) and so it has been an adjustment for me. But, he's making active strides to lose the weight. It's frustrating b/c although he's motivated, at times i see him reverting back to eating the same garbage that landed him in the high BMI category in the first place. I encourage him and am patient with him...but I know it's difficult. He knows very full well that I won't marry him if he continues to be obese. This is a deal breaker, and he knows it. A few pounds is acceptable, but obesity is not.

Dating someone who's overweight or obese is definitely not for the faint of heart, especially if you yourself are where you need to be weight-wise, and that person knows/acknowledges his/her weight issues, and is unhappy with his/her looks.

If it takes several years to put that weight on, it will definitely take some very dedicated time/discipline to get it off, or at least down and going in the right direction.

You should break up with this man and let him find a woman who accepts him as he currently is without changing just to suit your perfect requirements for a husband.

You should show him this post and see what his response is and if he appreciates your "patience and concern" for his health......which appears non existant because you are more interested in his physical appearance not the man he truly is.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You should break up with this man and let him find a woman who accepts him as he currently is without changing just to suit your perfect requirements for a husband.

You should show him this post and see what his response is and if he appreciates your "patience and concern" for his health......which appears non existant because you are more interested in his physical appearance not the man he truly is.
Lol! Thank you for that very thorough assessment of my post. My boyfriend is looking at this right now, as I type. He and I are in agreement and everything I've ever posted, he has seen. We have nothing to hide form one another. And btw, if you know anything concerning my relationship with him (which I've posted about extensively in previous threads), then you'll understand why I view your opinion and post as completely asinine.

But thank you, nevertheless, for wasting forum space, with your thoughts above .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships