Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 04:09 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,224,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I know, I had to go searching and digging. Ugh. I had no clue and had burning questions but of course didn't ask them. He wasn't even that huge ...
Lol you should've come on here first.

Poor thing @ searching and digging.

Just make him a sammich and forget about it. At least one of you will be satisfied.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:29 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,422,822 times
I would totally date Jorge Garcia

(Hurley from LOST)

Old 10-11-2013, 06:37 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,586,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Ohhhh hit a soft spot did I? I bet you don't say that to a MAN who prefers skinny women...

Also, this thread isn't about me so stay on topic.

No, I don't say anything to men at all about their preferences, because I don't give a damn about men's preferences. I will say that a man with attitudes like yours isn't a very desirable person either. And you did hit a soft spot because I'm a regular, kind, intelligent big man who is offended by your attitude. You appear to have some fundamental problems with character. You do understand, also, that you did make this thread about yourself with your insipid remarks and overall distasteful demeanor, and that you aren't qualified to tell me to stay on topic or do anything else, for that matter.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
From observation and experience, most plus sized women are not physically, sextually and emotionally attracted to overweight and bigger men. I always see women on the bigger side with men who slimmer than them, especially throughout much of the Northeast and the Southeast, Im not sure about the west coast where below average women might have a harder time dating compared to there east coast counterpart who have it much more easy. Even here in NY, plenty of overweight plus size women have no shortage of men to be with, many compete and fight over for the best man who they can find and generally its a man they find physically attractive. Also genetics may has a lot at stake this, if an obese woman wants to have a child with a man, initially she is going to look for the best looking man who can provide her child and not a man that is financially stable. I'm a big guy myself, but most of the women I have dated were smaller than me, however I'm open to date big women but again they are not attracted to me. When living in a place where social interaction and mixing is a constant ever day struggle due to sheer density, physical attraction for some is more important than either money or personality when looking for a mate for some women.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:36 PM

706 posts, read 1,177,160 times
I'm married and my hubby was a bodybuilder when we met. If by chance I were to find myself single again....no, I would not date an overweight man. I watch my weight, eat clean and workout religiously. If I bring a nice physique to the table, I expect no less of him.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:49 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
I'm married and my hubby was a bodybuilder when we met. If by chance I were to find myself single again....no, I would not date an overweight man. I watch my weight, eat clean and workout religiously. If I bring a nice physique to the table, I expect no less of him.
Right on!

Old 10-12-2013, 07:40 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,361,746 times
Now my dating experiences are over 18 years old, so bear with me. I had a traumatic breakup in high school with the stereotypical hot bad guy. So I decided to change things up and date any nice guy that asked me out unless they repulsed me. I was 5'8 120 ish. I dated short, tall, fat, skinny, homely, handsome, smart, less smart, etc....

It was funny though, because I would always ask why they were interested in me before accepting. Many of the overweight or short guys said it was my looks. That was pretty much the only reason they were interested in me. I only went out with the guys who were less shallow.

I did date one very short guy, and he dumped me because he felt that if he could get me, he could get someone even better. He didn't.

Looks are overrated, but attraction is still important.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:29 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,972,596 times
I'm pretty forgiving about physical appearance. I've dated overweight, skinny, unattractive, bald, hairy men in my past.

So, yes, I would.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:31 PM

896 posts, read 1,175,048 times
Six months ago or earlier I word have said hell no. Last July I was at a business dinner with about 15 people. I sat next to a hilarious, charming, fun, highly intelligent man. We were glued to each other throughout. When it ended and everyone stood up he was about 2" shorter than me an can stand to lose 30 pounds. We ditched the group and hung out alone. I actually went to his apartment last week where we had an amazing time, dinner and an incredibly erotic night, best in years. We shall see what happens next as I hope he calls again soon... long story short you really don't know what is out there, better to stay open minded. Had he sent me a message on a dating site I would have deleted him without a second thought. Lucky me that I met him elsewhere.

Last edited by GraciousVox; 10-13-2013 at 04:40 PM..

Old 10-13-2013, 04:34 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,963,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
Six months ago or earlier I word have said hell no. Last July I was at a business dinner with about 15 people. I sat next to a hilarious, charming, fun, highly intelligent man. We were glued to each other throughout. When it ended and everyone stood up he was about 2" shorter than me an can stand to lose 30 pounds. We ditched the group and hung out alone. I actually went to his apartment last week where we had an amazing time, dinner and an incredibly erotic night, best in years. We shall see what happens next as I hope he calls again soon... long story short you really don't know what is out there, better to stay open minded.
I try to say this, but people refuse to listen. They are too involved with physical appearance and vanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.