Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 05:21 PM

12 posts, read 16,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
People don't generally want to date fat people if they aren't fat themselves. Superficial? sure but I would have nothing in common with a fat man who is that way because of lifestyle (like sits around eating). .
I'm not fat, and I'm going with a fat man. And he doesn't "sit around eating". I didn't ask how he got fat, but he hasn't gained weight since I met him, and gets exercise, so the weight gain must have happened earlier. He works long hours, the weight gain could have been due to a stressful period. It's a misconception that fat people "sit around eating". This just goes to show the prejudice people have against fat people.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:23 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
True but we aren't talking about fat women we are talking fat men. People don't generally want to date fat people if they aren't fat themselves. Superficial? sure but I would have nothing in common with a fat man who is that way because of lifestyle (like sits around eating).

It's sad but I was contacted online far more by morbidly obese men than anything else and when I would tell them no they would get nasty. It's not my fault they are fat and I shouldn't have to date them. Now if they lose weight and want to contact me again who knows but not dating big guys.
As I posted earlier in the thread. I don't think someone should have to apologize for their dating preferences. It reminds me of a stupid thread a long time ago, where someone asserted that if you didn't want to date outside your race, you're somehow a racist???

Complete abuse of that word, as a sidenote. If some black woman prefers to date black dudes over me, a white guy, she is somehow a racist??

Same goes with fat people...

Like I posted up above... I'm a chubster, need to lose a few... not totally gross.. but need to drop some poundage.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:26 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
I don't care if others want to date fat people, but I am not open to it, sorry. I think fat people deserve respect but to me it's a preference. For those who complain why women don't want to date you, well there is this thing called lose weight. I realize not all fat people can lose weight but most can.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:30 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windynostalgia View Post
Probably not. I simply am not attracted to overweight men.
I'm not either, so no I wouldn't date one.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:33 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
True but we aren't talking about fat women we are talking fat men. People don't generally want to date fat people if they aren't fat themselves. Superficial? sure but I would have nothing in common with a fat man who is that way because of lifestyle (like sits around eating).

It's sad but I was contacted online far more by morbidly obese men than anything else and when I would tell them no they would get nasty. It's not my fault they are fat and I shouldn't have to date them. Now if they lose weight and want to contact me again who knows but not dating big guys.
Now I know there are some guys who just avoid eating reasonable and just eat terrible food and even take anything healthy out of eating Fast Food. As an example I know of 1 guy who will go to Wendys and order 2 doubles with cheast, mayo, and no vegetables, and 3 large fries. At a time. The guy's huge though and hates veggies. If you were contacted by those guys, then your arguement is valid.

But there's guys like myself, who will always be larger. I will never look "in shape" because of what I look like. I can jog 5 miles a day and I'd still look the same 4 months later, with eating healthy. I can certainly control my body weight, but my body won't change. But there's a reason why I'm considered the strongest guy at work, and I'm the strongest guy amongst my friends. I can lift more than anyone I know, which goes back to what I did in my early 20s.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:40 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Now I know there are some guys who just avoid eating reasonable and just eat terrible food and even take anything healthy out of eating Fast Food. As an example I know of 1 guy who will go to Wendys and order 2 doubles with cheast, mayo, and no vegetables, and 3 large fries. At a time. The guy's huge though and hates veggies. If you were contacted by those guys, then your arguement is valid.

But there's guys like myself, who will always be larger. I will never look "in shape" because of what I look like. I can jog 5 miles a day and I'd still look the same 4 months later, with eating healthy. I can certainly control my body weight, but my body won't change. But there's a reason why I'm considered the strongest guy at work, and I'm the strongest guy amongst my friends. I can lift more than anyone I know, which goes back to what I did in my early 20s.
But that doesn't sound like a fat guy but a big guy (as in muscular)and there is a difference. The guys I was mentioning waddled when they walked and it was horrifying.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:43 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Would I date a fat guy?

No.

Would I date a cuddly guy?

Yes.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:43 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn-X View Post
the weight gain could have been due to a stressful period. It's a misconception that fat people "sit around eating". This just goes to show the prejudice people have against fat people.
this is true.
I'm no stick insect, and yet I get fairly regular exercise, and eat much less than my g/f. who is 2lb lighter than a meringue.
I've been on a diet and exercise progam for 8 weeks and put on 3 lbs !!

While it's true in some cases that the person overeats and underexercises, this is not true for everyone

Old 10-20-2012, 05:48 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn-X View Post
I'm not fat, and I'm going with a fat man. And he doesn't "sit around eating". I didn't ask how he got fat, but he hasn't gained weight since I met him, and gets exercise, so the weight gain must have happened earlier. He works long hours, the weight gain could have been due to a stressful period. It's a misconception that fat people "sit around eating". This just goes to show the prejudice people have against fat people.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:50 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times
Quote:
I don't care if others want to date fat people, but I am not open to it, sorry. I think fat people deserve respect but to me it's a preference. For those who complain why women don't want to date you, well there is this thing called lose weight. I realize not all fat people can lose weight but most can.
Absolute Truth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships