Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 07:04 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times

Advertisements

When I was back in the dating realm, after becoming separated, I only wanted to be with a man who had been married with kids. I felt like they would be able to understand me better and have more life experience. I also thought it to be strange that a man in my age group (no offense) would not have been at least married, if not married with children by now.

I ended up with a wonderful SO who has done neither, been married or had children. He has had one ltr and now me. No engagements, etc.

He is great with my kids, who are for the most part grown at 16 and 18. My kids love him and are very happy about the way he treats me and that I am in a loving and caring relationship.

I really don't think it matters now that I have had this experience. I did prefer divorced w children and I dated a man before my SO who had no children and was never married and had his PhD and that just did not work and he was the strange that I thought someone may be had they never been married nor had children...

I also did not want to date a Catholic man because I had done that before and I thought it would work and maybe it could, but not with that Catholic. He was not willing to go to my church, we could only go to his because, "He already knew all about what Baptists are like." I went to his church several times and did not enjoy it any time but never complained and told him I wouldn't go, because I knew how Catholics were....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 07:29 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salami-rules View Post
So basically Idon'tdateyou ruined the thread with her anger? But all in all it's agreed most would give a chance.
Yup.

Most logical thinking people would in fact give it a chance, at least to see where it goes.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:36 AM

249 posts, read 306,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Yup.

Most logical thinking people would in fact give it a chance, at least to see where it goes.
What if it were time wasted?

Old 10-22-2012, 07:55 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Then it is a lesson learned, which in the long run isn't time wasted. Provided you come away with something garnered.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:02 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Yeah sure.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:41 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
It all depends on how you look at it. Every relationship is a learning experience. And just because it didn't work out with one divorced person or never married person doesn't mean that the next one is going to be the same.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:26 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
What drugs are you on? just because I avoid divorced dads doesn't mean I am better than them. Apparently reading isn't a strong suit here because I have explained why I don't date divorced people or dads. However yes I am better than someone who has multiple out of wedlock babies, especially with multiple people and definitely if they are on welfare because of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
They don't avoid me, but I wish they would as I am very nasty to them on dating sites since my profile clearly stated no divorced or never married dads and only men able to marry in church.
These two quotes are why I've never been able to get on board with religion. A supposedly religious person saying they are better than other groups of people and admitting to being nasty to strangers on the internet because they had the audacity to send her a message. What a Christian attitude. You are entitled to set whatever parameters you want to when looking for a spouse, but to say you are better than other groups of people or to send nasty messages online really makes you look like a hypocrite when you talk about religion. It's pretty clear to me why you're single. A truly nice religious man probably doesn't want a woman with such an entitled nasty attitude.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:17 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
No. I was not calling divorced people trash.

I was just talking about the aspects of people being divorcees and the reasons of why they would want to marry someone whose never been married. And why would a never married marry a divorcee with whom they would literally not have anything in common with.

Basically it's like if my life experiences don't match yours. Would you want me?(lack of better description)
No one's life experiences will ever match. And I'm not sure why you think, based on previous marital status, or lack thereof, that people wouldn't have anything in common.

I am engaged to a man who has never been married, and I am divorced (no kids). We have everything in common, our interests, views, life goals, everything is in alignment. The fact that he hasn't married prior to 40 doesn't bother me at all, and it doesn't bother him that I have an ex-husband. Our pasts have shaped us into the people we are today, and we are crazy about each other and perfectly happy and content.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:37 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. You don't even have to get into it to know this. Oftentimes, the initial vibes of someone who is tied down with kids and someone who is unencumbered are pretty different. They talk about different things, for one. If childless, divorced people without kids would be a different scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships