Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 05:11 PM

16 posts, read 79,702 times

Advertisements

Recently, the girl i've been chasing told me that she just want to be friends with me. We're still friendly with each other now. But the more i talk to her, i just couldnt get over her the fact that i can never be with her. I dont want to stop talking to her and letting her know that i am disappointed because of that.. What can i do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 05:24 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Oh lord.
I've been there, get over it, start looking for someone else since you could be looking for a long time.

You'll find someone similar thats single, maybe one day. That's just the fact of the dating game.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:54 PM

11,865 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean959 View Post
Recently, the girl i've been chasing told me that she just want to be friends with me. We're still friendly with each other now. But the more i talk to her, i just couldnt get over her the fact that i can never be with her. I dont want to stop talking to her and letting her know that i am disappointed because of that.. What can i do?
It's not easy on either end.

You know what you're capable of and you know you can't force her to love you. Either keep yourself in check or leave.her alone.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:56 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:
Falling for women who aren't interested in you is going to happen now and then throughout your life. You need to learn to take "no" for an answer.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:32 PM

16 posts, read 79,702 times
I heard from her friends that she liked someone else...its time for me to move on..

Old 10-20-2012, 08:36 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,617,882 times
Friend zone is NEVER good for a man. Do yourself a favor and Keep it moving.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:11 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,828,747 times
Quote:
Dude that is the ultimate shut down. The moment the words "I just wanna be friends" come out of her mouth, that's when you need to give up, forget about it, and move on. You can't sit there and dwell on it. She doesn't want you. Move on and find someone else who wants to be more than friends and is actually someone you're into just as much!

Old 10-20-2012, 10:57 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
you have to decide if you CAN get over it, and if you cannot it may be time to move away from this girl and distance yourself.

there is no point investing your time and effort if you are not just there for "friendship"

Old 10-20-2012, 11:16 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,506,675 times
Quote:
Lol. Another classic broken record thread on this topic.

Move on and learn from your mistakes.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:20 AM

167 posts, read 278,182 times
Default Move on

Move on, your wasting your time with her. She wont ever be your girl, shes put you into the dreaded permanent friend mode. Leave her alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships