Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2012, 04:50 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGenDary_Man View Post
Some are rushing to quick judgements here. Marriage cannot work without compromises from both spouses involved.

It is possible that the father is being very protective about his child and he wants his wife to give their child best possible care. It is also possible that he is aroused by the mother-child natural bonding activities. However, it should also be noted that his wife was/is reluctant to even breastfeed their child and this indicates that she is far from being like a traditional wife. I admit that one particular demand of the father does seems to be weird (i.e. being nude in the house) and it is not necessary for the wife to compromise on every matter. She should come clean to her husband on how she feels about his demands and how they should settle this matter. And if she finds it difficult to reason with her husband, she should involve her or her husband's parents in the matter or even advice her husband to seek counseling with her.

To be honest! Friends, if single, are seldom in the position to understand the complexities of the marriage. This isn't an arranged marriage; the wife chose her man.

I suspect that their is more to this story then what has been disclosed in this thread. Of course, if things do not work out well between the husband and the wife; the option of divorce exists. However, it should be the last resort option.
This.

Its actually pretty sad that so many woman are moving away from breast feeding. THATS WHAT YOUR BOOBS ARE FOR!! Hows is that even an issue in the OP?? I would certainly encourage my partner to breast feed too.

Being topless while breast feeding is actually encouraged. Google it.

The nude thing is a little strange.

Him wanting her to quit her job is also a bit out of line.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:50 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,661,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I don't see women slapping men in the face that often.
Of course you don't, it's done in private.

I've been slapped by just about every one of my SOs in my life. If the relationship lasts over half a year, I'm basically guaranteed a slap once ....

Old 10-21-2012, 04:52 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
Of course you don't, it's down in private.

I've been slapped by just about every one of my SOs in my life. If the relationship lasts over half a year, I'm basically guaranteed a slap once ....
Then you should choose better women. None of my significant others have ever slapped me.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Since when is slapping someone abuse? Women do it all the time you know, no one breaks up over it.
It IS abuse! It IS also assault!

Old 10-21-2012, 04:53 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,661,613 times
Quote:
Then you should choose better women. None of my significant others have ever slapped me.
Before we continue, are you a man or woman If you're a woman, it's not surprising (many men won't hit back) if you're a man it kinda is....

Old 10-21-2012, 04:54 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Since when is slapping someone abuse? Women do it all the time you know, no one breaks up over it.
Any physical contact done in anger that hurts another person is abuse, end of story.
Slapping in the face is abuse, slapping anywhere is abuse, pushing, shoving, hitting, spanking, grabbing etc. is abuse.
It may not be to you but it is abuse as well as a huge red flag that more will be forth coming and it will get worse as time goes on.

FYI: Smart people DO break up over being slapped in the face, it happened to me but I wasn't actually slapped, I ducked, he missed and I shot him after that.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:56 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Before we continue, are you a man or woman If you're a woman, it's not surprising (many men won't hit back) if you're a man it kinda is....
See that little "male icon" below his username and his pic in the profile? He's a man. It should be quite obvious to you why you have experienced violence and he has not given who you are and how you have lived your life.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:56 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
Quote:
I am a man, and why is it surprising? Not everyone commits assault.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:59 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
This.

Its actually pretty sad that so many woman are moving away from breast feeding. THATS WHAT YOUR BOOBS ARE FOR!! Hows is that even an issue in the OP?? I would certainly encourage my partner to breast feed too.

Being topless while breast feeding is actually encouraged. Google it.

The nude thing is a little strange.

Him wanting her to quit her job is also a bit out of line.

Many women cannot easily breast feed besides the fact it is HER BODY and should be HER CHOICE to do as she wants to NOT HER HUSBAND's.
Being topless when breastfeeding is not the issue in and of itself and it could be that this gal is a bit on the shy side and would like to be covered a wee bit when breast feeding. She may also be getting cold without being covered when breast feeding. As far as being nude 24/7 and quitting her job I personally would have already tossed this guy to the curb. He wants someone nude 24/7 he can pay a hooker and make it her job to be nude 24/7. The whole nude 24/7 is absolute control of his wife and just wrong.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
I am a man, and why is it surprising? Not everyone commits assault.
Putting your hands on somebody else in an unwelcome manner is assault!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships