Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 02:10 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times

Advertisements

If the title of this post makes me sound a bit frustrated, it is because I am.

Part of my job is registering appeals in child support cases. I am amazed at the number of men who complain about having to pay support or children they didn't want or weren't ready for. It amazes me because not becoming a father is so EASY nowadays. All men have to do is use condoms consistently and correctly, and their chances of involuntarily becoming fathers is vanishingly small.

Yes, I know women should also use birth control. But this post is specifically aimed at men. Given the fact that condoms are so easy to obtain, and given the fact the obligation of paying child support can be so heavy, why do so many men not protect themselves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 02:15 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Well, uhh, you're speaking to the wrong crowd here.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:22 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
I am always astounded by the many people I know offline or encounter online with baby mama/baby daddy issues, especially people with multiple baby mamas/daddies. It's out of control and in most cases guess who pays?

I look down on men with multiple baby mamas as I think they are scum and careless about sex.

We need to start stigmatizing these people again and tighten welfare along with people being careful about sex. Use condoms or the pill or other forms or don't have sex at all, or have oral sex.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:23 PM

61,711 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Lack of proper sex education...
Facts on American Teens? Sources of Information About Sex

(only) Thirteen states require that the information presented in sex education classes be medically accurate and factual. However, a recent review of 13 commonly used abstinence-only curricula found that 11 had incorrect, misleading or distorted information

http://sundial.csun.edu/2012/10/sexed-fail/ - this in 21 century in a highly developed country!

Last edited by elnina; 10-21-2012 at 02:34 PM..

Old 10-21-2012, 02:27 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,562 times
The people who are giving you issues are not the same people who are on this forum. They probably don't even know these forums exist. So you're preaching to the choir.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:32 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
As far as I can remember I've always used condoms since I didn't want to rely on the pull and pray method since it doesn't work too well. I also know of some guys who will slip it on, then while in the act pulls it off and continues.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:36 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
If the title of this post makes me sound a bit frustrated, it is because I am.

Part of my job is registering appeals in child support cases. I am amazed at the number of men who complain about having to pay support or children they didn't want or weren't ready for. It amazes me because not becoming a father is so EASY nowadays. All men have to do is use condoms consistently and correctly, and their chances of involuntarily becoming fathers is vanishingly small.

Yes, I know women should also use birth control. But this post is specifically aimed at men. Given the fact that condoms are so easy to obtain, and given the fact the obligation of paying child support can be so heavy, why do so many men not protect themselves?

Thank you for saying that. Men with baby mama's complain but yet they dont want to wear condoms. Go ahead and let the woman be the one to take of the birth control and see how that works out for some of y'all.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:37 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
The only time I don't use condoms is for wifey and one Close FWB I had.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:39 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
As far as I can remember I've always used condoms since I didn't want to rely on the pull and pray method since it doesn't work too well. I also know of some guys who will slip it on, then while in the act pulls it off and continues.
That's creepy but knew one guy desperate to get his girlfriend pregnant so she would marry him. I have become celibate and when I marry I will not use condoms at all.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:43 PM

13,630 posts, read 10,031,964 times
Because, it's like eating a sweet with the wrapper on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships