Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Pop shrink time: you said you never thought you'd be in this situation. Does that mean you're usually the one crushing, without the feelings being returned? If so, I'd bet dollars to donuts that you're a commitmentphobe. You crush only on people you deep down know you could never have. Then when the real deal is in front of you, you just don't seem to "feel it."

If this is incorrect, then my bad.
I don't believe Dissenter is like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 08:55 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Hey it was one of the few times I took a chance, and I think it was the last time I took a chance in the romatic department. I realized at that time that I didn't appreciate getting hurt like that, in that way. So I promised myself I wasn't going to let myself get hurt like that again.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:56 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I don't believe Dissenter is like that.
Well, hopefully he will answer this for himself.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:04 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
OP, so you have already met you once, or is that not right? Only you can know if there is any chance of this relationship moving further or not. If it isn't, then move on...

Old 10-22-2012, 03:53 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well, hopefully he will answer this for himself.
No I am not like that. I'd have no problem committing to the right person who feels the same way. In this case, the girl is just not the right person for me. I feel it in my bones and they have never lied to me.

Broxguyanese, I believe I could convince this girl into an FWB situation if I wanted. However, I'm just not attracted to her like that and plus I'd like to think I have better taste then to get into a FWB with a person who already has hopes of more than that.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:58 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Okay here is the backdrop. A few days ago, I get a message from a girl I met through meetup. She says she has a crush on me. I was actually flattered by her message. Me and her get to talking and I ask her out on a date for this weekend. She accepts. I end up moving the date to next weekend for a few reasons. She's cool with it.

Now after sleeping on it a bit, I realize the only reason I asked her out was because I was flattered she had a crush on me. The truth is, I am not attracted to the girl. Just am not. Seems like a nice girl, just not for me.

I am, more venting than anything. I know what I need to do. I am going to be straight up and say, I like you as a friend but I just don't think of you in that way.

It is nice to be crushed on, but in this case I can't return the favor. Anyone else had this situation?
Yep. Better now than later.

And, no matter what you do, don't climb into the sack with her. It will make a tough situation a good deal worse.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:03 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
No I am not like that. I'd have no problem committing to the right person who feels the same way. In this case, the girl is just not the right person for me. I feel it in my bones and they have never lied to me.

Broxguyanese, I believe I could convince this girl into an FWB situation if I wanted. However, I'm just not attracted to her like that and plus I'd like to think I have better taste then to get into a FWB with a person who already has hopes of more than that.
Your not attracted to get physically or is it her personality that is a turnoff?

Old 10-22-2012, 05:38 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Okay here is the backdrop. A few days ago, I get a message from a girl I met through meetup. She says she has a crush on me. I was actually flattered by her message. Me and her get to talking and I ask her out on a date for this weekend. She accepts. I end up moving the date to next weekend for a few reasons. She's cool with it.

Now after sleeping on it a bit, I realize the only reason I asked her out was because I was flattered she had a crush on me. The truth is, I am not attracted to the girl. Just am not. Seems like a nice girl, just not for me.

I am, more venting than anything. I know what I need to do. I am going to be straight up and say, I like you as a friend but I just don't think of you in that way.

It is nice to be crushed on, but in this case I can't return the favor. Anyone else had this situation?
I think you should just follow through with the date since you suggested it. One date doesn't mean it has to turn into anything and you could use the experience considering you just recently went out on your very first date.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:22 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Eww god no. If your not interested call it off. Who wants to pay for a date or sit through it if it's not worth it.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:08 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
I was in this girls position before. Do tell her please and before you go out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships