Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 11:18 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,674,460 times

Advertisements

I ask because I always hear this from women online

"Don't approach me at the gym cause I just want to work out and not be bothered"
"Don't approach me at the bar cause I'm just there to drink and party with my friends"
"Don't approach me on the street because it's creepy"
"Don't approach me at the store because I'm just there to shop"
*Insert another situation where I don't ever want to be approached*
etc...etc...etc....

What options does that leave? Is there ever a time where women aren't extremely annoyed by male attention of any kind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 11:19 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,928,467 times
Where do women want to be hit on?

In the back of a head, with a giant club. Make sure they have long hair so it's easier to drag them back to yor place.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:23 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,940,928 times
I'm OK with the grocery store. I had a nice guy approach me there once successfully.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:26 PM

227 posts, read 419,084 times
This is going to be a fun thread...

Old 10-21-2012, 11:26 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,529,206 times
My two no-nos are at the bar and at the gym.

Anything other than that, I'd be happy to be approached. I'll let you know when it finally happens

Old 10-21-2012, 11:29 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,674,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My two no-nos are at the bar and at the gym.

Somebody please explain how this makes sense. The gym is the absolute best place to find good looking/healthy people. Why would you not want to date one of the men from your gym?

I've made a good 10-15 male friends from the gym and they were all fantastic guys

As far as the bar goes, it's a necessary evil for me. I work 45-50 hours a week. I don't have a whole lot of free time so I go out whenever I get the chance. It's a shame that's also off - limits for a lot of women

Old 10-21-2012, 11:33 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,138,676 times
That's because guys usually don't act like they have a stick shoved up their *** when they're working out.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:34 PM

61,020 posts, read 85,838,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I'm OK with the grocery store. I had a nice guy approach me there once successfully.
In fact any store, I think... or places like a Starbucks, or library, art gallery, a park, a public business or transportation, waiting room ... or anywhere when you see that she is not really busy ( like eating, drinking, partying with friends, talking to someone, working etc. )

You said that you are working out ALL THE TIME... are you going to find some time for dating, or you want to date while working out in the gym??

Old 10-21-2012, 11:35 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,642,942 times
If a girl is interested in you, she'll be fine with you approaching her anywhere. Even in the gym where she might not feel "prettiest" (I've struck up many friendships, and some relationships just giving some girls pointers at the gym).

If she's not interested in you and you're out to convince her that she should be, then don't approach her anywhere she is

A)rushed (like a street walking to work)
B)stressed
C)not feeling comfortable, or feeling dirty sweaty (gym).

There are others.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,529,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
Somebody please explain how this makes sense. The gym is the absolute best place to find good looking/healthy people. Why would you not want to date one of the men from your gym?

I've made a good 10-15 male friends from the gym and they were all fantastic guys

As far as the bar goes, it's a necessary evil for me. I work 45-50 hours a week. I don't have a whole lot of free time so I go out whenever I get the chance. It's a shame that's also off - limits for a lot of women
I'm not really into 'fit' men and I HATE working out. I'm rarely in a good mood when I go to the gym because it's a necessary evil and I really don't enjoy it. Plus, I'm usually in bit of pain afterwards because my knees and back are screwed up so that puts me in a not so great mood as well. I want to get my workout over as quickly as possible and go home.

The bar? Well, the bars in my area are either cowboy bars (yick) dive bars (great for making friends, not great for meeting decent men) and college bars (I'm nearly 30, I don't want a college boy, nor do I want a man who scopes out college age girls at bars). If a man came up and started a conversation without trying to touch me, making a lewd comment about me or staring at my boobs when I'm talking to him I'd definitely give him a chance. So far, that hasn't really happened. But I have made some of my closest friends at bars
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships