Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 03:27 PM

220 posts, read 475,371 times

Advertisements

I meet a new gal last week(no, not that one, this is a new one). Several times she's called me whilte I was at work. I have a management position and it's high profile. So when a non-work related call/text comes in, it's goes to voice mail or if it's a text, I answer it later.

When I called once I got off of work today, this DUMMIE said: "every time I call you're busy, so since you're so busy lose my number". Basically saying, to stop calling her. I said you must be kidding me. I also said there's not one women on the planet the will ever come before my job. She hung up on me.

Maybe I'm missing something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 03:31 PM

11,784 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Personally, I think you could have headed this off at the pass by telling her, prior to today, that you have a high-profile management position and you're unavailable for personal calls and texts during the workday.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:37 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Personally, I think you could have headed this off at the pass by telling her, prior to today, that you have a high-profile management position and you're unavailable for personal calls and texts during the workday.

Exactly. You pretty much shot yourself in the foot!

Old 10-22-2012, 03:39 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
This sums it all up. Nothing else to add.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:39 PM

864 posts, read 1,453,831 times
I think she was out of line. Yes, you could have told her you aren't available for personal calls/text during work-day hours when you gave her your number, but she sounds like an overreacting drama queen, and I think you dodged a bullet.

That being said, I do hope when you eventually get married you do put your wife/family before your job. Otherwise, I suspect you may not have a very happily married life! lol

Old 10-22-2012, 03:42 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Agreed somewhat, Depending if she actually knew your work hours in regard to the times she was calling and texting. If she did, Why could she not wait until you were not at work to try and contact you? You called her back when you were able to and got a negative reaction. Since you two likely engaged in conversation before exchanging numbers she had to have some idea of your work and it's schedule. Move on from here, Just was not in the cards either way.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:47 PM

691 posts, read 1,426,609 times
She just did you a huge favor. She sounds like a self-absorbed brat.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:49 PM

11,784 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Agreed somewhat, Depending if she actually knew your work hours in regard to the times she was calling and texting. If she did, Why could she not wait until you were not at work to try and contact you? You called her back when you were able to and got a negative reaction. Since you two likely engaged in conversation before exchanging numbers she had to have some idea of your work and it's schedule. Move on from here, Just was not in the cards either way.
He just met her a week ago and she's called him a few times during the week, yet couldn't be bothered to mention until now that he's not available to talk or text during that time. If she didn't know that, she probably thinks he's just blowing her off.

This is why good communication is so crucial in all of our relationships, dating, married or otherwise.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:50 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
It happens man. She may be dealing with a personal issue and decided to take it out on you. I know I've misdirected my frustrations before. I'll bet there's more to it than that.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:51 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
She sounds nuts. What kind of a person does a complete 180 on you simply because you couldn't be reached during normal business hours? You dodged a bullet because that was just the tip of the "crazy" iceberg that would eventually sink your ship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships