Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 05:58 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times

Advertisements

Many opportunities have been missed by me because I get turned off by women who aren't looking for anything serious. I am the type of guy that takes relationships seriously and I could never see myself not giving a relationship all I could give or being with someone that doesn't give all they could give.

I look at people in a bar or club that end up in ONSes and think, how could they?

I am an overly serious man by nature, and sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be a bit less serious and loosen up or something. Should I give casual relationships a chance? Or would I be disappointed in them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 06:04 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
If you haven't tried it, you don't know if you'll like it.

I'm much more casual by nature. I enjoy a relationship in which I don't feel like I'm tied down. I actually get spooked when I find someone I think I want to commit to because I don't know how to handle it.

By casual I don't mean sleeping around.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:08 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
I cannot believe that people are this........MOD CUT

All people are different. Some enjoy chocolate, some enjoy vanilla. Some are afraid to try pistachio

Why do people ask these questions?

Old 10-22-2012, 06:10 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times
A ONS is only one kind of a casual relationship.

Casual relationships can be very good if you both are on the same page and have the same expectations. They can fulfill multiple roles in your life.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I cannot believe that people are this........MOD CUT

All people are different. Some enjoy chocolate, some enjoy vanilla. Some are afraid to try pistachio

Why do people ask these questions?
I ate pistachio ice cream once....

Several years later...

I am still looking for it to be sold in my grocery store....

Old 10-24-2012, 06:20 PM

300 posts, read 659,377 times
I find that many men do enjoy casual relationships, but most women don't. These are just my personal observations though, based on guys I've dated and conversations with my female friends. Not to speak for all the women in the world, because naturally we're all different, but often women who get into casual relationships and ONSs end up getting hurt because even though her head and her crotch were saying "let's just have fun," the heart has the final word, and it usually says "why isn't he calling?" And on some level she may have been thinking that she'd win him over and move on to a serious relationship, while the man was just thinking "cool, ONS". It's taken me 10 years of dating to realize and admit that I want a serious relationship.

I hope my babbling helps you.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:20 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Well I'm a woman and I enjoyed casual relationships in my 20's. It was party time after I married too young and got divorced. For me it was a stage I needed to go through and get out of my system before I met the love of my life. No regrets here. It was a good growth period and a lot of fun.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:55 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,979 times
I personally don't see the point of being in a "casual relationship" with someone if it's never going to be serious or if you're never going to get married. It seems pointless and a waste of time.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I personally don't see the point of being in a "casual relationship" with someone if it's never going to be serious or if you're never going to get married. It seems pointless and a waste of time.
It could always evolve.
That's the point.
There are a number of women here looking for a casual relationship, and I am sure some of them are decent people.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:46 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
I would not know, but it seems so. Whatever rocks their socks off, so to speak. Personally I doubt I could be happy in a relationship like that, but maybe I should try it sometime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships