Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 11:44 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
OP, be yourself and live your life doing things that make YOU happy and make you feel good about the person you are. I know it's a tougher dating scene for you than for a 6 foot tall white guy - I don't think any of us can dispute that, but you cannot change your race or your height. There are women out there who appreciate good guys that treat them with respect. I'm really starting to believe there are a lot more important things in life than dating. Things like friends and family, a job you enjoy, hobbies, traveling...you can have a happy fulfilled life without a partner. And I think your chances of finding a partner are greatly increased when you stop obsessing about dating and enjoy your life.
In case you don't remember my previous post history Kiki, most of my adult life has been a 'break' from dating.

At least I'm used to it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 11:51 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
If these are your requirements for a woman then you are going about findind someone the wrong way. Why not just go out and meet people without a check list. I am always amazed that some people have requirements that aren't going to make them happy.

If you really have those expectations you are going about looking for love in the wrong way.
Actually, I find his 'requirements' to be very generous. The OP is not very picky at all. Certainly much more generous than some of the 'requirements' from the OS... at least in my experience.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:56 AM

934 posts, read 1,939,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I think you guys try too hard.

We agree

Old 10-23-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBarney View Post
We agree
And if we don't try? What then?

Old 10-23-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
That's the thing. That's the advice that's always given. Improve yourself...

I'm tired of it. I'm tired of continuously feeling I need to push myself to be something so much better just because I was born with certain physical attributes. I'm already so hard on myself.

I was hanging out with a female friend the other day and she was discussing with some other friends looking at houses to buy. Lol! She works 15 hours a week and is lucky to make 20K a year. Her husband is the one with the cash.

She gets to socialize any time she wants and travel and spend time working on artistic pursuits.

I feel like MAYBE if I had become a doctor, I'd be able to get an average woman who respects me for who I am and is glad to have me.

Phew. It's a rough world out there I tell you...
Yeah, I do not have any more patience for this 'improve yourself' crapola. Quite frankly, there really is nothing more to 'improve' at this point. And I am REALLY tired of having to do WAY more, much more than 'conventionally attractive' men in order to even get a glance from a woman. What the hell sort of 'reward' is that?!

Old 10-23-2012, 12:38 PM

1,783 posts, read 3,888,574 times
I get what the OP is saying. Men are more willing to overlook professional and extracurricular accomplishments than woman are. I think he's right, to an extent. You will hear women list a whole bunch of professional "must-haves" more often than men do. Even if it's relatively attainable like 50k+ and a bachelors degree, I think women are more likely to have such requirements.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post

Any other guys feel frustrated that they feel they need to give much more than they expect?
I used to. But then I learned to be confident with who I was and where I was going.

[the ladies pick up on that fast and the rest is history]

Old 10-23-2012, 03:38 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Yeah, I do not have any more patience for this 'improve yourself' crapola. Quite frankly, there really is nothing more to 'improve' at this point. And I am REALLY tired of having to do WAY more, much more than 'conventionally attractive' men in order to even get a glance from a woman. What the hell sort of 'reward' is that?!
I don't think it should be improve yourself as much as ENJOY yourself. Only improve yourself if you are unhappy, don't improve yourself for the sake of other people who may or may not even notice the "improvements." Do things that you like to do because you enjoy them not because you're trying to attract someone. Trying to attract someone is exhausting. I'm tired. I just want to have fun and if someone comes along, great and if not, at least I'm having a good time on my own.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoxing View Post
I get what the OP is saying. Men are more willing to overlook professional and extracurricular accomplishments than woman are. I think he's right, to an extent. You will hear women list a whole bunch of professional "must-haves" more often than men do. Even if it's relatively attainable like 50k+ and a bachelors degree, I think women are more likely to have such requirements.
If I were a man, I'd probably be able to get a decent woman pretty easily. I have an engineering degree, I played music professionally and I fly planes for a hobby.

However, as a woman I'm completely undesirable to most men because of how I look.

I'd much rather be judged on my professional and personal accomplishments than how I look.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:43 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
I was the one with the upper hand in the relationship.
What does that mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships