Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 10:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
What alternate universe are you living in? I'm good looking and have a decent job, and i haven't gotten laid in over 3 years. Women's standards most definitely are not low at all. You have to be at the top of your game just to get an average looking woman... not even talking about really HOT women here, just average looking women... and even still you might not get one.

And what poor guys and bums do you know that are pulling in the ladies?
I know plenty of poor guys and bums pulling in the ladies. Learn to play guitar, that'll get a ton of women and you can be a poor dude living on peoples couches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 10:34 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Honestly, California has different standards for the most part. What's attractive in the midwest or the south is usually average to below average in most places along the coast. I don't doubt she's pretty, but she's probably not 'California pretty' if that makes sense.
Good point. California pretty is a different ball game for sure. (and pretty limited)

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:49 AM

249 posts, read 306,501 times
Quote:
What alternate universe are you living in? I'm good looking and have a decent job, and i haven't gotten laid in over 3 years. Women's standards most definitely are not low at all. You have to be at the top of your game just to get an average looking woman... not even talking about really HOT women here, just average looking women... and even still you might not get one.

Typically if you have the confidence to call yourself good-looking. You are either A)douchebag, B)good-looking. You really are most likely A. Cause you say you can't get laid. Anybody can get laid if they put the effort in and lowered their standards or timed it right.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:26 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,179,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salami-rules View Post
Typically if you have the confidence to call yourself good-looking. You are either A)douchebag, B)good-looking. You really are most likely A. Cause you say you can't get laid. Anybody can get laid if they put the effort in and lowered their standards or timed it right.

Must be nice that it's so easy for you. Enjoy it while you have it. You'll likely go through a dry spell sooner or later... most guys do.

I'm not saying i'm the best looking guy in the world, but i think i am good looking relative to the women i try and approach.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Must be nice that it's so easy for you. Enjoy it while you have it. You'll likely go through a dry spell sooner or later... most guys do.

I'm not saying i'm the best looking guy in the world, but i think i am good looking relative to the women i try and approach.
I am going through a dry spell right now. I don't necessarily mind it.

I just am saying that maybe you are not that good looking or charismatic enough to get the girls you approach.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:42 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:

It's likely you are over-estimating your looks. The same for the OP. Men who think they are more and have more to offer than the women they go after have more illusory ideas about themselves than anything else.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It's likely you are over-estimating your looks. The same for the OP. Men who think they are more and have more to offer than the women they go after have more illusory ideas about themselves than anything else.
Men NEED to have something to offer a woman. A woman just needs to pick the best opponent for herself.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:56 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salami-rules View Post
Men NEED to have something to offer a woman. A woman just needs to pick the best opponent for herself.
That's not how it goes for quality men. Quality men want quality women. I know plenty of successful and talented men who demand the same from their women and they get it.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's not how it goes for quality men. Quality men want quality women. I know plenty of successful and talented men who demand the same from their women and they get it.
Quality is really laughable. It doesn't have a serious definition. I know some quality men and really they are laughable at some of the things they have done. Sure most of them have chosen professors, engineers, successful businesswomen as their wives. But still there are enough who have chosen just the hot chick with a brain would have without a doubt been good for all of them.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:07 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Yeah, I do not have any more patience for this 'improve yourself' crapola. Quite frankly, there really is nothing more to 'improve' at this point. And I am REALLY tired of having to do WAY more, much more than 'conventionally attractive' men in order to even get a glance from a woman. What the hell sort of 'reward' is that?!
I thought you had a GF?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships