Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2012, 02:00 PM

102,176 posts, read 107,735,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
Good looking, hell just moderately attractive women don't struggle to get dates, that's absurd. They don't even struggle to get dates with good looking/higher quality men,
In whose world?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I don't think I've ever heard of a guy rejecting a girl who was approaching him
It happens all the time. Just like women, men have a "type" they're looking for. I've seen guys pass on an entire roomful of women, including two who approached them, because they were looking for something very specific. Guys who are into "hot"-looking women will pass on dozens of "cute" types, for example, and visa-versa. It happens every day.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:04 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,131,715 times
Quote:
I don't think I've ever heard of a guy rejecting a girl who was approaching him
Surely you must be joking.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:05 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,678,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
In whose world?!

In the same world where decently attractive women can post a dating profile online and receive a 100 messages a day... and that's not even counting all the attention they get just from going to the gym/bar/etc...

Don't even try that nonsense that it's only weirdos and creeps approaching. They get approached by plenty of good looking/outgoing men

Old 11-18-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
In the same world where decently attractive women can post a dating profile online and receive a 100 messages a day... and that's not even counting all the attention they get just from going to the gym/bar/etc...
Online and IRL are apples and oranges. You can't compare them at all. Women get rejected IRL all the time. Even one of our members who is attractive and has had a profile up online says that guys don't respond even when she sends them a message or a "wink". This "hundreds of messages to a woman's profile" argument is just an excuse for whining. Real life (and even online dating) are radically different from these silly experiments guys do, just to torture themselves.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
... and that's not even counting all the attention they get just from going to the gym/bar/etc...
Most women don't get attention at the gym, and many don't go to bars (or gyms, for that matter).

Old 11-18-2012, 02:41 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,678,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Online and IRL are apples and oranges. You can't compare them at all. Women get rejected IRL all the time. Even one of our members who is attractive and has had a profile up online says that guys don't respond even when she sends them a message or a "wink". This "hundreds of messages to a woman's profile" argument is just an excuse for whining. Real life (and even online dating) are radically different from these silly experiments guys do, just to torture themselves.

I posted a well written profile with 3 pictures where almost everybody I showed them to online said I'm handsome (many said "I'm very handsome"). I sent out 25 to 30 messages and got zero responses

I didn't get mad, I just assumed I was one of 50,000 guys messaging them that day and they probably went for somebody who was taller, better looking and made more money than I did. That's just life

I'm just tired of your nonsense pretending that any halfway decent looking woman doesn't have 50,000 options at any given time. My sister used to go the gym with me, not say anything and literally every guy in the place was dying to talk to her. If I wasn't there, she would be getting approached left and right

Old 11-18-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I'm just tired of your nonsense pretending that any halfway decent looking woman doesn't have 50,000 options at any given time. My sister used to go the gym with me, not say anything and literally every guy in the place was dying to talk to her. If I wasn't there, she would be getting approached left and right
You said you're good looking, so your sister must be above average, too. I'm only talking about the experiences of myself, my friends, relatives, women I observe and talk to at the gym, etc. This isn't nonsense, it's life experience and observation. Your sister is lucky.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:49 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,636,727 times
It might sound crazy but I think there are other unseen factors that also come into play, like, our pheromones and hormones (through smell and our blood levels) and also the energy/vibes we put off. I think with some people these things are better than with others.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:52 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,131,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
It might sound crazy but I think there are other unseen factors that also come into play, like, our pheromones and hormones (through smell and our blood levels) and also the energy/vibes we put off. I think with some people these things are better than with others.
I know that it works to attract people, but is the opposite probable? Skunk defense aside, I don't think I've heard of repellent pheromones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships