Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 11:35 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
i have a hard time getting dates. this is what i look like.
Not really seeing why your having issues getting dates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 11:52 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,141 times
People with outer beauty have personal issues too. A 10 in the physical does not guarantee a 10 in character and red flags aren't always about looks. I once chased after a gorgeous, model looking guy, for an entire year despite the fact that he was able to remain in a relationship longer than 6 months...with any woman...and he dated many. There's a problem there. But he could only see that these women were the issue, not him.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:09 AM

92 posts, read 95,893 times
my problem of late is i'm meeting women who are in a relationship, married or "seeing someone" (i hate that term so much now) or long distance has been a b***h too, these responses i get.

i know i'm not the most attractive guy but i know i am attractive but i will only consider a girl to be my GF or ask out on dates if i'm attracted to her and she has a good personality, if she has both i'd be lucky if she even considers to date me or is at least single.

i have been broke out of my quiet shell and been more social but i've gotten these responses about 90% of the time

Old 02-26-2013, 05:33 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
I was talking to my Sis the other day and she made a great point. And of course this isn't the majority of the time but something to look at

Alot of the really good looking men(especially younger) tend to not want serious relationships in their late teens and most of their 20's(and some ever). They exploit the fact that they're good looking play the field, and sleep with many women. The problem is that the good looking women that they would normally be paired up with want relationships and commitment just like any other women. So the choice is either to be a Bootycall to the same good looking men and nothing else, settle hard in terms of finding a partner, or stay alone

Old 02-26-2013, 10:29 AM

350 posts, read 383,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Guy12 View Post
Well i have been told i am good looking by plenty of good looking women but i also have been told that i am conceited
1) Maybe you're not as good looking as you think?
2) Maybe your good looks aren't good enough to overcome your crappy personality?

Good looks open doors and get you face time. You have to follow through with personality.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:29 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
They are scared. They don't approach me. I've just gotten used to it

Old 02-26-2013, 10:37 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Hmmm...don't know...If I bump into a good looking person, I will ask them..

Old 02-26-2013, 10:45 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,766,054 times
Another insight:

Alot of good looking people OR people in general complain nobody want to date them because they only want to date SOMEBODY on the same level of attractiveness with them. IN other words, they disregard all the other date proposals from people who they think are not in their level of attractiveness.

Coming from Miami, I have alot of friends who complained about that. They are good looking but they complained they had no dates.
ONe of my friend, who is a beautiful Cuban lady is an example. She kept complaining that she could not get dates. While in reality, the day before I knew for the fact that there was an average looking guy asked her out. (And of course she rejected him).

Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 AM

350 posts, read 383,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Another insight:

Alot of good looking people OR people in general complain nobody want to date them because they only want to date SOMEBODY on the same level of attractiveness with them. IN other words, they disregard all the other date proposals from people who they think are not in their level of attractiveness.
In my opinion, it's all relative.

I just got a rep from someone with a comment that said Tiger Woods' ex-wife is kind of plain-looking. In reality, take away the Neiman Marcus wardrobe and the $400 haircuts, and I tend to agree that she would be just an average type of girl. Likewise when people go around telling you how great looking they are, sight unseen, I usually brace myself for a big letdown when I actually see a photo.

SOMEBODY may think you're great looking, but only a small segment of the population has such universal good looks that you are going to have a consensus.

People can't even agree on the Brad Pitts of the world let alone some ******* who posts here. Likewise, Jennifer Anniston's fiance (?) - that Thoreau guy - I thought was kind of dorky-looking at first but he has grown on me.

Looks are relative. Looks get your foot in the door and personality is what seals the deal.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:02 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,766,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon of Truth View Post
In my opinion, it's all relative.

I just got a rep from someone with a comment that said Tiger Woods' ex-wife is kind of plain-looking. In reality, take away the Neiman Marcus wardrobe and the $400 haircuts, and I tend to agree that she would be just an average type of girl. Likewise when people go around telling you how great looking they are, sight unseen, I usually brace myself for a big letdown when I actually see a photo.

SOMEBODY may think you're great looking, but only a small segment of the population has such universal good looks that you are going to have a consensus.

People can't even agree on the Brad Pitts of the world let alone some ******* who posts here. Likewise, Jennifer Anniston's fiance (?) - that Thoreau guy - I thought was kind of dorky-looking at first but he has grown on me.

Looks are relative. Looks get your foot in the door and personality is what seals the deal.
I totally agree with you.
But again, this is coming from that person who complains he /she cannot get a date.
But I understand why you misunderstood what I said - I was a bit vague.
Usually the person who cannot get a date, will think that they are good looking and they should get somebody who is on the same level.

For me, I actually don't look at people based on their appearance. Sometimes the way they talk can be attractive. Or their mannerism. So I am rather flexible when I was dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships