Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know within the first 5 minutes if you are going to sleep with a man?
Yes. I know within the first 5 minutes of meeting a guy if I will sleep with him 23 43.40%
No. There are too many factors like personality and heart, bank account, etc 30 56.60%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:27 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times

Advertisements

... if you want to sleep with him?

I'm giving humanity the benefit of the doubt here, but let's do a headcount.

It's pretty simple.

If every guy you have ever slept with you knew that was going to happen within the first five minutes of meeting him, it's a YES.

If it's six minutes, then it's a no!

Joking aside, you know if you are a yes or no...

Ignore the bank account part. Crass attempt at humor gone horribly awry...

Last edited by jobaba; 10-24-2012 at 09:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 09:29 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Yes, most of the time we know right away. But not always, like anything there can be exceptions. I had an exception with someone I met through a friend. I got to know his great personality first without any expectations of trying to date him. If I had met him online and gone out on a date my answer would have been no, but knowing him in a different context my answer changed over time. But I'd say 95% of the time I have known right away.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:31 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
the eyes never lie i guess. the only thing is
eyes can't talk, so the man has to say something
to find out if she's open or not. then if even she
says no, i don't know what to tell you.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:32 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
No - I've only slept with a handful of guys - and there were maybe 2 in the whole bunch that I knew I wanted to sleep with right away. But I have a hard time voting in a poll that lists "bank account" as one of the reasons that someone would grow on me. I assure you - a person's bank account was never a factor. Personality had everything to do with it.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Yes, most of the time we know right away. But not always, like anything there can be exceptions. I had an exception with someone I met through a friend. I got to know his great personality first without any expectations of trying to date him. If I had met him online and gone out on a date my answer would have been no, but knowing him in a different context my answer changed over time. But I'd say 95% of the time I have known right away.
I already know your answer. You're the one who inspired the poll.

I'm interested in a headcount. So, less commentary and more yes/no.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:35 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
Bank account hahahaha.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
No - I've only slept with a handful of guys - and there were maybe 2 in the whole bunch that I knew I wanted to sleep with right away. But I have a hard time voting in a poll that lists "bank account" as one of the reasons that someone would grow on me. I assure you - a person's bank account was never a factor. Personality had everything to do with it.
That part was a joke.

But technically, if money is what you are after, you are not shallow, at least not in a superficial vein.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:37 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
I know within 5 minutes whether I find him physically attractive, but my thoughts don't go straight to sex.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:40 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I know within 5 minutes whether I find him physically attractive, but my thoughts don't go straight to sex.
^^^This. The first 5 minutes would be enough to establish an interest in him and then from there, determine if there could be anything more between us.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:41 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
That part was a joke.

But technically, if money is what you are after, you are not shallow, at least not in a superficial vein.
If you wanted us to take the poll seriously - you probably should have left that out. It just makes it look like the reason a man would grow on a woman is because she found out he was rich.

Like I said - there were only two guys that I slept with that I felt an instant attraction towards. And I wasn't even really thinking "sex" - I just knew that I found them attractive. But it wasn't based solely on looks. Sometimes you can tell a lot about someone just based on their clothes, their mannerisms, where you meet them, etc. If you had put these guys in different clothes, in different situations, etc. - I probably wouldn't have been attracted to them right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships