Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 01:26 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post

I dunno. **shrug** Maybe it's just where you are rather than you.
That could be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 01:27 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It just isn't that simple. She's been working her city for years, and nothing's clicked. To an extent, it's a numbers game, and she's running out of numbers in Denver. The SF Bay Area is a HUGE dating pool, a lot of interesting activities going on, extremely diverse in every way. NYC is the same. I don't know about Chicago, but it seems diverse.

Contrast those liberal areas with the Bible Belt. No contest. End of story. And then there's the gloom of Seattle and Portland. Fuggedaboutit. Geography really can make a difference.

On the other hand, she may not have explored all the possibilities in her town, as previously suggested.
No offesne, but you don't know what the hell you're talking about. The south is where the majarity of the black people in this country live. If the Op is looking for a black man, then why would she move to the west coast, where there are hardly any black people?

Old 10-25-2012, 01:31 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
I dunno. **shrug** Maybe it's just where you are rather than you.
Maybe but it's not like Denver is a small town. Surely there has to be a decent man somewhere in this city or metro area for our OP to date. I always feel wary about moving somewhere JUST to improve dating prospects. If the OP likes her job here, her family/friends, etc. then to move somewhere else seems like risking a lot. What if she moves and is still single?

Old 10-25-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I met the OP and in person she comes across as fun, smart, easy going, and she is pretty! I have no clue why she's single! It was suggested to me that even though I didn't think I was coming across as desperate or over eager maybe I still was and I just wasn't aware of it. Maybe that's you too, OP? It seems like when I really like a guy I always end up getting burned. If I'm lukewarm or undecided he just can't seem to get enough, so even though I think games are silly, maybe there is something to be said for being somewhat aloof. Not to say you are mean to him or never show interest, but I know when I'm seriously into someone I make myself free when they want to see me, I make sure to answer their calls and texts promptly...there's a fine line there between not playing games but not always being too available.

It annoys me when people say you find someone when you're not looking or just be you and have fun without worrying about dating, but honestly I DO seem to have better luck when I decide to just let go and I don't care about dating. I think there could be some truth to the idea that if you try too hard and put too in too much effort that finding someone will always escape you.
Thats total B.S, have you ever found a job without looking for one.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:35 PM

How old is the OP?

Old 10-25-2012, 01:37 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Maybe but it's not like Denver is a small town. Surely there has to be a decent man somewhere in this city or metro area for our OP to date. I always feel wary about moving somewhere JUST to improve dating prospects. If the OP likes her job here, her family/friends, etc. then to move somewhere else seems like risking a lot. What if she moves and is still single?

What you're saying is technically true; but in this case (and only per my suggestion, not "fact" at all) it would have more to do with region and a certain general mindset rather than a single city or the notion that the given city is populous enough that there has to be "at least one". It's likely true there must be one; but how to winnow the chaff?

Where I come from I was/am "weird".

Living in England, the English found me clever, friendly and delightful.

Living in Italy, the Italians found me easygoing, charming and companionable.

Living in Japan, the Japanese found me "unusual, not at all what they've come to expect in an American."

Living in CA, people found me curious but laid back.

Living in TX people found me funny and intelligent and personable.

People in Northern Ohio/Southern MI found me highly likeable and fun to be around.

People in Atlanta found me to be friendly and pleasant.

People in South Carolina found me easygoing and calming.

But where I come from I'm "weird".

Sometimes it's just regional.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:41 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
That right there is your problem. You need to be more than just "ok" to look at.

Yeah, hi. Did you look at her photo? She's a natural beauty, fresh-faced, with a friendly smile and what looks like abs I'd kill for.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:52 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Yeah, hi. Did you look at her photo? She's a natural beauty, fresh-faced, with a friendly smile and what looks like abs I'd kill for.

I dunno about kill for, but I'd eat supper off 'em and make sure there were no crumbs or spilled gravy left behind.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:56 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
WOW, I just looked at your photo, cripes, my brother would give his left arm and sell our Mother to have a woman like you.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:56 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There have been conflicting reports here about the dating scene in Denver
I'm not sure how old the OP is, but I can attest to the fact that the dating scene in the 19-25 age range sucks in Denver, lol. At least for someone who isn't looking to hookup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships