Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 07:37 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,230,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTroy View Post
What?
The thread is from 2012. Necro = dead. There's kind of zero point in participating in a 2012 thread some troll bumped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 08:00 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,381,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTroy View Post
What?
Necropost = dead post.

Necro posting, refers to the act of posting in a thread, or replying to a topic, that has been inactive for a long period of time.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:38 AM

405 posts, read 240,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
Ok, a branch of my other thread:

Guys, can you tell me what type of woman you hope to meet when you decide to talk to her?

What do you want her to talk about?

Do you care if she has a job, car, home, etc?

Does it matter what she's wearing?

What kinds of body language do you pick up on?

What signals do you hope to read from her?

What makes you decide if you want to pursue her as a potential GF?

What things about her would intimidate you?

Do you like it when you have to chase her?

How do you decide if she's playing hard to get or really interested?

Maybe some answers to these questions would give me insight if I'm the problem? I will try to ask some guys at work I know if they have any answers as well.

thanks!!!

Guys, can you tell me what type of woman you hope to meet when you decide to talk to her?
-One that interests me mentally and physically

-
Anything, its more about how the flow of the conversation goes.

-I would like her to have A job and her own car, her own place is not essential.

-
I am not super picky with this, but if she has a style that intrigues me that is even better, but she should not dress like she doesn't care about her appearance either.

-
Personally, I take notice that she is looking me in the eyes, laughing, having a good time , asking me questions, a good back and forth.

-
As long as it appears to me that she is genuinely enjoying our conversation, and my company that is a good sign.

-
If she is a girl that i really enjoy talking to and I have the urge to want to get to know her 1 on 1 (ask on a date) is a good starting point for me.

-
Nothing, cant be intimidated, we are all people at the end of the day.

-
In the Beginning that is fine, but after a while it should no longer be a chase it should be more equal.

-
That is a tough one, really it comes down gauging how she interacts with you.

Maybe some answers to these questions would give me insight if I'm the problem? I will try to ask some guys at work I know if they have any answers as well.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:22 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Glad I could help.
Ah, one of my best posts.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:32 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
All too hard. Stay home. Read books. Listen to music. Keep life simple.

Really, who's got time for all this? I suppose if I wanted the 'prize' I would make the effort, but why complicate things for the sake of a situation I wouldn't be able to relax enough to let myself enjoy if it happened?

Many times I feel like a visitor to this planet instead of a resident. This is one of them. You humans and your courtship rituals baffle me almost as much as your willingness to turn your lives inside out for them.
Good question. Why do you have time to respond to 5-year-old threads?

Old 02-17-2017, 03:06 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Good question. Why do you have time to respond to 5-year-old threads?
And if you have no interest in romantic relationships, why are you posting in a romantic relationship forum?

Old 02-17-2017, 10:18 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,106,292 times
I told you, morbid curiosity. It's like slowing down to look at a car crash and give thanks you're not trapped in the wreck yourself.

Old 02-19-2017, 01:19 PM

401 posts, read 551,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
Ok, a branch of my other thread: Guys, can you tell me what type of woman you hope to meet when you decide to talk to her?
For me, my recent "interest" was a colleague of mine who all of a sudden became very attractive one night at a mutual friend's birthday party. Always felt she was cute but the way she danced and was having fun that night, I really digged it. I had to leave early so I couldn't make a move. Been dropping hints lately, she's been very shy around me but receptive. See what happens
How they grew up. For some reason, that always strikes a cord with me.
Job, I like career women.
Not at all. I really don't judge that
Eye contact is one. I remember sometime last year, a girl I took out on a date (wasn't much attraction post getting to know each other more) gave me very strong eye contact with a smile for a few nights that we hung out. Touching, some people say shows they like you but I can never tell if it's playful or flirty.
I'm horrible at this but eye contact is always the biggest one I can read up on
Once I get to know her and maybe see how friends think of her.
More past experience. Maybe condescending or a little too upfront about what she thinks in public.
I like the mix. I have done the chasing and have been chased one from what I remember. It usually is more enjoyable if the woman gets flirty too and it's not just me.[/b]
One on one conversations when you're alone.

thanks!!!
My answers^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships