Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2012, 01:28 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
If they had the same desires, why do gay guys have much more sex than lesbians despite the risks?
I know some pretty horny lesbians. And some gay guys who aren't always having sex.

I think you might be stereotyping.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:30 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,152,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am thinking about sex now only because of this topic. I hope my wife is too.
My wife has already told me what i'm doing tonight.....

bye..

Old 10-25-2012, 01:31 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
My wife has already told me what i'm doing tonight.....

bye..
Lucky bastard.

Well, if I don't have it tonight at least I have the world series and Thursday Night football.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:32 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,014,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I guess I am one of those minorities on this one too. That is the reason why I have rejected having sex with gorgeous women, heck, even an erotic dancer. I want the whole package, not just sex (physical aspect). So women want sex for the beautiful sweet sentimental aspect and men for the physical? I guess it makes sense why women can be heard saying that men are dogs, just want sex, etc. and why women are the ones who reject it, not men.
This right here is crazy. You just said you rejected having sex (with gorgeous women). It doesn't matter why, it matters that you did. So this last statement is incorrect. I realize that you are just fascinated with the topic of women masturbating - it's really beyond me why you hyper focus on this topic.

The main point would be EVERYONE'S DIFFERENT...also, MANY WOMEN DON'T LIKE DISCUSSING THINGS OF A VERY PERSONAL NATURE...also, THAT DOES NOT MEAN THEY DON'T DO IT, JUST THAT THEY'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT IT WITH YOU...seriously, hon, you seem like a decent guy but along with a lot of other guys who like to say "Poor me, I don't get enough, it's woman's fault, and you all lie so you're mean and stuff".

EGADS!

Old 10-25-2012, 01:34 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
If they had the same desires, why do gay guys have much more sex than lesbians despite the risks?
Oddly enough lesbians (not all, but on average comparatively) are very permiscuous. I was just reading about this and was surprised by it. It's hetero women who are the least permiscuous on average, but comparing these groups are difficult given how small the lesbian community is compared to hetero.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:37 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Oddly enough lesbians (not all, but on average comparatively) are very permiscuous. I was just reading about this and was surprised by it. It's hetero women who are the least permiscuous on average, but comparing these groups are difficult given how small the lesbian community is compared to hetero.
Yep.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:39 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Yep.
I suppose this speaks to male/female dynamics.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:41 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Lesbian bed death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-25-2012, 01:43 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
This right here is crazy. You just said you rejected having sex (with gorgeous women). It doesn't matter why, it matters that you did. So this last statement is incorrect. I realize that you are just fascinated with the topic of women masturbating - it's really beyond me why you hyper focus on this topic.
I didn’t even mention anything about masturbation where you quoted me. And if I have mentioned it, it depends on the topic at hand. A page or two before someone said that guys win because they can do it in public or something and then I supported your reply adding why girls win on it. Anyways…yes, I have rejected sex. As shocking as it may sound, there are men out there who can also reject sex. If it was common women wouldn’t get shocked about it and wonder if the man is homosexual, has an illness, is cheating, etc.

Quote:
The main point would be EVERYONE'S DIFFERENT...
That’s right. Everybody is but there are some traits and behaviors that can be seen more or less in each gender.

Quote:
seriously, hon, you seem like a decent guy but along with a lot of other guys who like to say "Poor me, I don't get enough, it's woman's fault, and you all lie so you're mean and stuff".
I don’t sympathize with men who complain about living sexless lives unless they really had some physical impairment. Sure, people may be more understanding and comforting with the very few women out there that may complain about not having sex but I feel the same with them unless they had a physical challenge.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:56 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,650 times
Quote:
I think that comes from the label and stigma's attached to them. This is how thought about it i think it works through labeling theory.

Let's think about this though it has gotten better gays and lesbians have spent years as deviant to mainstream society. Also hyper sexuality is deviant to mainstream society. So take into account you have group that has been label deviant that deviant behavior will be attached to them.

Going by the labeling theory members of the deviant group would engage in deviant behavior sense they were already labeled deviant by society why follow the rest of its norms.

I think that's where the generalization of gay men being more promiscuous came to be.

That's how I see from a sociological perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships