Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 02:37 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Article"?
You apparently have never been to the Center for Disease Control Facts pages. If you took the time to read through some of it, other than a sentence or two, you might learn something.
I read through the page that you cited.

I don't see anything there about a bisexual man's propensity to cheat.

If you care to link to something that's actually germane to this particular conversation, I'd really like to see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 02:41 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
The bi guy does not tell her at first,but she finds out anyways
That's awkward.

Like you come home from work and your man has one of his legs draped over another mans leg while watching the game together?

Old 12-08-2016, 02:53 PM

860 posts, read 1,110,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
How is what you are saying about "bisexual men longing for the opposite gender" not a stereotype per that definition?
It's not a sterotype if they admit it. I'm just repeating what they said.

Quote:
Sure, some people admit this. Some bisexual people will not be happy in a monogamous relationship. But to take these facts and apply them to an entire group? .?
I didn't apply them to an entire group. I just stated what SOME bisexuals admitted to the longing. What they admit is the very reason some people do not want to date them.

Quote:
.Can you really not see why some people would be upset to be categorized like this?
But it's not being categorized. It's a fact from some bisexual men. Be upset with them for admitting one of the reasons why some people don't want to date them. I didn't say it. They did.

Old 12-08-2016, 04:04 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
It's not a sterotype if they admit it. I'm just repeating what they said.
"They" again? Who is "they"? "They" all have said the same thing?

Old 12-08-2016, 05:20 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,026,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Article"?
You apparently have never been to the Center for Disease Control Facts pages. If you took the time to read through some of it, other than a sentence or two, you might learn something.
Actually it appears you have not been to the Center For Disease Control Fact pages. It is clear the reason why she is so concerned.

Men admitting same sex attraction make up less than 2% of the population other men yet make up 55% of HIV rate? WOW! The synopsis? Clearly Men should not have sex with other men!! It is dangerous!!!
https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/

"Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with mena made up an estimated 2% of the population but 55% of people living with HIV in the United States in 2013. If current diagnosis rates continue, 1 in 6 gay and bisexual men will be diagnosed with HIV in their lifetime, including 1 in 2 black/African Americanb gay and bisexual men, 1 in 4 Hispanic/Latinoc gay and bisexual men, and 1 in 11 white gay and bisexual men"

In 2014:
  • Gay and bisexual men accounted for 83% (29,418) of the estimated new HIV diagnoses among all males aged 13 and older and 67% of the total estimated new diagnoses in the United States.
  • Gay and bisexual men aged 13 to 24 accounted for an estimated 92% of new HIV diagnoses among all men in their age group and 27% of new diagnoses among all gay and bisexual men.
  • Gay and bisexual men accounted for an estimated 54% (11,277) of people diagnosed with AIDS. Of those men, 39% were African American, 32% were white, and 24% were Hispanic/Latino.
Although HIV diagnoses increased among gay and bisexual men overall from 2005 to 2014—and increased sharply among African American and Hispanic/Latino gay and bisexual men—diagnoses overall have stabilized in more recent years:
  • From 2010 to 2014, diagnoses increased less than 1% among all gay and bisexual men overall and among African American gay and bisexual men. Diagnoses:
    • Declined 6% among white gay and bisexual men.
    • Increased 13% among Hispanic/Latino gay and bisexual men.
  • From 2010 to 2014, among young (aged 13 to 24) gay and bisexual men, diagnoses:
    • Declined 2% among young African American gay and bisexual men.
    • Declined less than 1% among young white gay and bisexual men.
    • Increased 16% among young Hispanic/Latino gay and bisexual men.
Estimated New HIV Diagnoses Among the Most-Affected Subpopulations, 2014—United States

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/group/msm/

Old 12-08-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
"They" again? Who is "they"? "They" all have said the same thing?
I already explained this. Again, the bisexual men on online forums. It's not a sterotype if they admit this. They often discuss cheating on their wives behind their backs and feeling trapped in marriages because they long for men.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
I already explained this. Again, the bisexual men on online forums. It's not a sterotype if they admit this.

All bisexual men on all bisexual forums admit this? OK.
Post a link to these forums, please.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
All bisexual men on all bisexual forums admit this? OK.
Post a link to these forums, please.
I didn't say all, but some do admit to cheating with men. You can easily look them up. Just google some.

However, it shouldn't be a shocker. Some men cheat. Gay, straight, or bisexual. It's just that with bisexual men, they might cheat with either sex.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
I didn't say all, but some do admit to cheating with men. You can easily look them up. Just google some.

Of course some cheat. Some men cheat with men, some cheat with women, some with both. Some women cheat with men, some cheat with women, some cheat with both. These are people that cheat. The only "stereotype" here (misuse of the word), is that there are people in the world that cheat. That isn't news.

Lots of people don't cheat at all. So date them instead.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:12 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Lots of people don't cheat at all. So date them instead.
Well that was easy, I didn't even have to Google anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships