Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 12:56 PM

119 posts, read 245,387 times

Advertisements

My standards:

Must be college educated, in the process of getting an education, or entrepreneurial
hard working
Someone who has had to work their way up from poverty or has put themselves through college
Between 5'6"-6'4"
Not skinny but not too muscular
Down to earth
Gentlemanly- I'm talking opening car doors and flowers
Drinks only 2 nights a week maximum
No smoking, no drug use
Has lived alone and knows how to take care of himself (cook and keep a house semi-clean)
culturally similar to me (I'm a liberal Roman Catholic and Hispanic so someone who can mesh with my cultural views)
Loyal and respectful

About me:
24 year old student and I work part time in an office. I have been putting myself through college by working as an administrative assistant and sometimes waiting tables. I'm above average in terms of looks. Average women's height, athletic, natural D-cup and curvy hips. I already have many work opportunities for after graduation and I have been supporting myself since I was 18.

I notice I get upset with my boyfriend when he fall short of my standards such as not helping me carry heavy things or being lazy because his parents still support him almost 100% even 4 years out of college.

I don't know if my standards are too high and bound to ruin any relationship or if they are good, healthy standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 12:58 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micio View Post
My standards:

Must be college educated, in the process of getting an education, or entrepreneurial
hard working
Someone who has had to work their way up from poverty or has put themselves through college
Between 5'6"-6'4"
Not skinny but not too muscular
Down to earth
Gentlemanly- I'm talking opening car doors and flowers
Drinks only 2 nights a week maximum
No smoking, no drug use
Has lived alone and knows how to take care of himself (cook and keep a house semi-clean)
culturally similar to me (I'm a liberal Roman Catholic and Hispanic so someone who can mesh with my cultural views)

About me:
24 year old student and I work part time in an office. I have been putting myself through college and receive scholarships as well. I'm above average in terms of looks. Average women's height, athletic, natural D-cup and curvy hips. I already have many work opportunities for after graduation and I have been supporting myself since I was 18.

I notice I get upset with my boyfriend when he fall short of my standards such as not helping me carry heavy things or being lazy because his parents still support him almost 100% even 4 years out of college.

I don't know if my standards are too high and bound to ruin any relationship or if they are good, healthy standards.

hahahaha oh god

Old 11-11-2012, 01:01 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
You'd break up with a guy for not bringing you flowers?

Old 11-11-2012, 01:04 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,637 times
Mostly common sense stuff there

I hope those are more guidelines than strict rules though. You wouldn't date a guy if his parents paid for his college?

Old 11-11-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You'd break up with a guy for not bringing you flowers?

I wouldn't break up with a guy but I would be disappointed if he didn't bring flowers at least once a month. I probably would never say anything about it because I understand its not as common among others.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
Mostly common sense stuff there

I hope those are more guidelines than strict rules though. You wouldn't date a guy if his parents paid for his college?
Only if he was 25+ and self-sufficient.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
hahahaha oh god

What does that mean? Whats your opinion?

Old 11-11-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Only if he was 25+ and self-sufficient.

Why does age matter so much to you? I'm 23 and I have 30 year old friends who constantly say that they feel like I'm their age

As far as the whole living at home situation goes, I'm living at home myself for another 6 months to a year and a half (trying to set it where I can buy my first house instead of getting an apartment) but my parents certainly don't support me. Hell I earn more than my dad does right now

Those aren't bad guidelines but they shouldn't be taken on a strict level

Old 11-11-2012, 01:13 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:
What does that mean? Whats your opinion?

Just thinking what it'd be like to be in a relationship with you. Instead of having so many stupid rules and ideas of how everyone should be, why not just be happy with people and enjoy your time together?

Maybe you should start thinking about what you do for the other person instead of being so bent on what everyone is doing for you.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Just thinking what it'd be like to be in a relationship with you. Instead of having so many stupid rules and ideas of how everyone should be, why not just be happy with people and enjoy your time together?

Maybe you should start thinking about what you do for the other person instead of being so bent on what everyone is doing for you.

also this to a certain extent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships