Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 07:50 AM

300 posts, read 659,337 times

Advertisements

I've had a mix of experiences with men in this department. I have never waited long to have sex (although my new plan is to try that out!) and my statistics don't suggest that it made any difference in the length of the relationship or the affection of the man. I've had some really sweet boyfriends who I slept with soon, so I'm not so inclined to believe that it affects the man very much. I think the greatest effect is on the woman. After you have sex, you're going to feel attachment even if you weren't that into the guy. And it's going to hurt when that attachment is broken. So you think next time you'll be more careful who you get attached to.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:55 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
If you as a man or woman have sex in the early stages of dating...as if it were like shaking hands- may as well be honest and not bother dating...hire a prostitute instead. Do not have sex with people you do not know - allow love to take place first...sex is the prelude to marriage. It is very important...If you have sex with someone quickly- it means that once you are settled in or married- You are more prone to have sex outside the relationship...In other words you will cheat...Sex is like gold..don't just toss it around like dirt.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:20 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,658,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
If you as a man or woman have sex in the early stages of dating...as if it were like shaking hands- may as well be honest and not bother dating...hire a prostitute instead. Do not have sex with people you do not know - allow love to take place first...
You know, Oleg, I was about to find myself in (shocked) agreement with you, in the first part of your comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
sex is the prelude to marriage. It is very important...If you have sex with someone quickly- it means that once you are settled in or married- You are more prone to have sex outside the relationship...In other words you will cheat...Sex is like gold..don't just toss it around like dirt.
... until the next bit, where you made another of your wild leaps onto unsubtantiated, hangup driven ground.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:41 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
I am aiming this at women though I suppose this happens to men too. However so many women I know repeat this pattern: they go out with a guy and then they sleep with him. They wait for his call only to find out he was just using her as a booty call.

The fact is I have been used by men with regards to sex and it still angers me that I didn't realize it. It stinks when you see the man you think you are dating marrying someone else. So as a result I have vowed to be celibate until marriage or at least engagement.
You can only be used if you allow yourself to be. If I have sex early on it is because I want to have sex with the guy. I have no other expectations. If the relationship goes somewhere ok, if not, hey I got sex. I dont see how that could be considered being used.

Now if Im in a relationship and it is understood that we are exclusive and he cheats, thats a horse of a different color.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:41 AM

896 posts, read 1,476,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarterguy View Post
If the woman wants sex too, by all means, she should enjoy herself.
Hahahaha. K. We'll contact that one woman and let her know.

I love how the OP has vowed celibacy until engagement or marriage. Most women will agree with her. And in the next few seconds yet another dude will write in asking what are the best lines to use to get laid.

Classic. Say it with me people. Dating. IT AINT GONNA WORK.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:43 AM

896 posts, read 1,476,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinley View Post
I think the greatest effect is on the woman. After you have sex, you're going to feel attachment .
Hey the guy has thoughts and feelings too. Like "....I wonder if she has a sister...."

Old 10-26-2012, 08:47 AM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You "suppose" this happens to men too??

Who do you think all the "hussies" you're trying to shame are sleeping with?

ALL PEOPLE should consider their actions carefully.

Including you, OP. THINK before you post.

I think she wrote she suppose men too because most men don't cry about not getting a call back after sex.

Men are usually the ones who don't call!

Geezus, why do most women on this forum have to make EVERYTHING about Men vs Women and equal rights?

It's the new race card!

Last edited by behindthescreen; 10-26-2012 at 08:57 AM..

Old 10-26-2012, 09:07 AM

300 posts, read 659,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You can only be used if you allow yourself to be. If I have sex early on it is because I want to have sex with the guy. I have no other expectations. If the relationship goes somewhere ok, if not, hey I got sex. I dont see how that could be considered being used.
Doesn't it hurt though when you have started to like him and want a relationship, and he doesn't want to see you anymore after sex? Do you still think, hey I got sex? I'm just asking with genuine curiosity. Cuz it hurts me like hell.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:28 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
Quote:
Doesn't it hurt though when you have started to like him and want a relationship, and he doesn't want to see you anymore after sex? Do you still think, hey I got sex? I'm just asking with genuine curiosity. Cuz it hurts me like hell.
I think some women can just enjoy it for what it is but I've learned the hard way I'm not one of them. I wish I was. Sometimes I feel pressure when I'm seeing a new person. It's so commonly accepted that you will be with someone in less than 5 dates that I feel like I'm some prude if I don't. I wouldn't wait until marriage or an engagement, I wouldn't wait six months, but from now on I'm waiting more than a handful of dates that's for sure. I learned my lesson, but women should do what feels right for them. Just never ever expect that sex will keep a guy around or a booty call can turn into a relationship. It usually doesn't.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:28 AM

150 posts, read 305,717 times
Quote:
In a situation like this you're assuming because you've had sex with someone that you're already in a relationship. Women blame the sex when in reality it is a lack of communication with someone you've slept with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships