Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 01:34 AM

631 posts, read 1,071,891 times

Advertisements

Here is the tricky situation:

1. John and Jane met a couple of days ago.
2. John likes Jane. Even though John pays sincere compliments letting Jane know how beautiful she is he is not going to ask her for a date for some reasons*.
3. Jane likes John. Jane lets John know she would like to have a date with him.
The questions is if you were Jane how you would consider John's behavior? I see it as John gives her a hope that in fact doesn't exist. So, it is not fair. On the other hand, many women like to hear compliments and like to be wooed.

* The real reason is John doesn't have much to offer moneywise. John still can't purchase an apartment. The second reason is Jane is a large city native while John is a commuter who lives in a small town. He lives and works in the Jane's city only five days a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 01:39 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post

2. John likes Jane. Even though John pays sincere compliments letting Jane know how beautiful she is he is not going to ask her for a date for some reasons*.
The questions is if you were Jane how you would consider John's behavior? I see it as John gives her a hope that in fact doesn't exist. So, it is not fair. On the other hand, many women like to hear compliments and like to be wooed.

* The real reason is John doesn't have much to offer moneywise. John still can't purchase an apartment. The second reason is Jane is a large city native while John is a commuter who lives in a small town. He lives and works in the Jane's city only five days a week.
Lame.

[really lame]

Old 10-27-2012, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Lame.

[really lame]
Honestly, I think that way too. I don't mind to hear some details though about what made you believe so.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:52 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:

So...if Jane likes John and wants to go out on a date with him, she should ask John to do so, and offer to pay for lunch, since John is in a tight spot right now, otherwise, leave John alone and let him have his small town girls!

Old 10-27-2012, 06:04 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
John should be honest about his situation with Jane. He has nothing to lose and Jane might have an appreciation for where he's at in life and who he is.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:11 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
John and Jane probably live in some SE Asian nation whose metaphors don't translate well on Western forums.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
So...if Jane likes John and wants to go out on a date with him, she should ask John to do so, and offer to pay for lunch, since John is in a tight spot right now, otherwise, leave John alone and let him have his small town girls!
He is not in a tight spot but Jane definitely makes more money than he does.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
John should be honest about his situation with Jane. He has nothing to lose and Jane might have an appreciation for where he's at in life and who he is.
Very interesting point. I assume you are 100 percent right except for he has one thing to lose - his self-esteem.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
John and Jane probably live in some SE Asian nation whose metaphors don't translate well on Western forums.
I haven't mentioned any metaphors here.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:56 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Very interesting point. I assume you are 100 percent right except for he has one thing to lose - his self-esteem.
What would be worse losing a little self esteem or losing the woman who might be the true love of his life ? I would take the chance to be honest and open. I'd take a chance than to have regrets the rest of my life that I missed an opportunity to meet the possible mother of my children.

Have no regrets when you get older if possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships