Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 11:46 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Look, WOMEN are the ones who come on here complaining about how men only want FWB. Women complain that they can't find a man who values her as a person. The biggest complaint women seem to have about men is that we are too focused on the woman as a sex object. Yet they INTENTIONALLY flaunt their sexuality! It's so easy to fix this problem. All they would have to do is dress more classy and less sexual. Other problems in life are so much harder to fix. Making more money, losing weight, getting a better job... almost everything else in life requires a lot of effort. This problem literally requires no effort other than wearing different clothes.

As long as women continue to intentionally flaunt their sexuality, i just don't see any reason to be sympathetic when they are complaining that men care too much about sex. I am making a suggestion as to how women could EASILY improve their situation, yet nobody even wants to consider it.
I see way more women complaining about weirdos on the internet who call for violence and subjugation than anything else. A random woman looking for love and not finding it is far more rare in comparison.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:46 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
I think that everyone should dress freely...

...as long as they dress...

I also think that if a person makes a choice that doesn't affect other people, other people shouldn't harass them about it.

Yet I know that other people do harass, and that it isn't a good idea to stroll at a crime filled neighborhood at night, especially without protection.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:47 AM

708 posts, read 878,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Look, WOMEN are the ones who come on here complaining about how men only want FWB. Women complain that they can't find a man who values her as a person. The biggest complaint women seem to have about men is that we are too focused on the woman as a sex object. Yet they INTENTIONALLY flaunt their sexuality! It's so easy to fix this problem. All they would have to do is dress more classy and less sexual. Other problems in life are so much harder to fix. Making more money, losing weight, getting a better job... almost everything else in life requires a lot of effort. This problem literally requires no effort other than wearing different clothes.

As long as women continue to intentionally flaunt their sexuality, i just don't see any reason to be sympathetic when they are complaining that men care too much about sex. I am making a suggestion as to how women could EASILY improve their situation, yet nobody even wants to consider it.
What an odd post.

Why do you lump all women into one category? Do you have such a poor view of your female relatives as well?

Old 10-27-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Again you are bordering on being a psychopath who blames women for his inadequacies and lack of self control. You are starting to become scary. I can see you in Court yelling at the Judge "BUT SHE MADE ME RAPE HER, SHE WAS DRESSED LIKE A ****".
These guys have several easy fix options and suicide doesn't even have to be one of them. They could choose to not look at women, where horse blinders, stay home, engage in careers that keep them home, live in rural areas where they don't see people, move to an area in Alaska where there are mostly men. There's a million things they can do.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:51 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
These guys have several easy fix options and suicide doesn't even have to be one of them. They could choose to not look at women, where horse blinders, stay home, engage in careers that keep them home, live in rural areas where they don't see people, move to an area in Alaska where there are mostly men. There's a million things they can do.
Or they could just learn to make advances only when appropriate.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I would love one of these guys to explain to me why women are viewed as one monolithic body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scared man?
Takes one to know one
What does that mean?

Old 10-27-2012, 11:53 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Many women don't mind, particularly the ones who like sex a lot. What they don't like is being treated purely as objects of male lust, without recognizing their other endearing qualities.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Or they could just learn to make advances only when appropriate.
That would be the ideal. Clearly a number of them cannot, tho. They expect the world to change and shape according to their faults. They are unable to adapt and that's a potentially dangerous personality flaw.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:56 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,224 times
I wear baggy scrubs and still get hit on. Tell me what about wearing clothing that resembles a rice sack is sexy again. Oh yeah, those dark stains on the pants are not from a Hershey bar either.

My point is this: it doesn't take wearing Spandex or painted on clothes for the unwelcome remarks to spew from a Neanderthal.

And my friends wonder why I carry a box cutter and mace on my person.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:58 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Okay, so lots of people are irresponsible, but why is all the impetus on women to control how and what men think of them? Women are told "don't go there", "don't go alone", "don't wear that", "don't say this." Men apparantly get a free pass to act like uncontrollable horndogs. Who's telling guys "don't grope women", "don't make women uncomfortable", "don't be a sexual predator", "Don't get so drunk that you can't control yourself"? "Boys will be boys" just doesn't cut it as a valid excuse anymore.
Amen 100% on this.

Men, if a woman is dressed like a ho, you still don't have an excuse to act like a scumbag. That's on you not her.

Women, generally speaking don't mind if you find them sexually attractive. The problem is when you only see us as sex objects with no other characteristics (and act like a dog about the whole thing).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships