Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 07:02 PM

290 posts, read 567,591 times

Advertisements

The dude I'm seeing for about five months treats me well when were together. He pays for expensive dates (never lets me pay even I offer). We say we like spending time together. When we talk we say we miss each other. I see him once a week. He seems to be into me and like me but he doesn't call or text often. Maybe once or twice a week.

He works 10 hours a day. He just got promoted as a senior engineer. He's also part of the management. There's only one person above him and hes targeting to be in that position someday. He's so into what he does for a living.

If you like someone, how often do you call or text the person you like? Do you call/text everyday even you have a busy schedule? Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 07:18 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post

He works 10 hours a day. He just got promoted as a senior engineer. He's also part of the management. There's only one person above him and hes targeting to be in that position someday. He's so into what he does for a living.

If you like someone, how often do you call or text the person you like? Do you call/text everyday even you have a busy schedule? Just wondering.
Everyday seems to be way too much to start out with. It sounds like he takes his business as #1 priority, then his pleasure. Uummm...some people are like that.
Have you tried to give him a call after work, just for a quick chit-chat? I would give it more time, before worrying about how often he texts, or calls.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:41 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,973 times
I text my girl at least once a day just to wish her a good day or whatever. I don't take that stuff too seriously.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:42 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
The dude I'm seeing for about five months ... I see him once a week.

Which day do you see him?

Old 10-27-2012, 07:43 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I think one or two a day is good....... IDK.. depends of course

Old 10-27-2012, 07:49 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,386,514 times
Quote:
Do you call/text everyday even you have a busy schedule? Just wondering.
I don't text, so can't address that. But anyone in love with someone else is in contact with them every day unless they are at death's door. Sure, there are some random exceptions, but I don't care how stressful your job is or if you work 19 hours a day. How long does a phone call take to just say, "Hi, I miss you and am thinking of you?"

I've been with my husband for decades and when I'm at work, I still email him very often and call him at least once a day, usually more. If I can do that after 20+ years, someone in a new relationship can certainly text/phone or get in contact with someone with whom they are supposedly in love.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:51 PM

990 posts, read 2,555,938 times
3-4 times a week.

Personally, I hate communications with nothing to say.

Might as well sit staring at each other and grunt.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
A full fledge conversation takes a hour or two. Or brief sweet nothings 5-10mins.
Depends on the available time each other has. A nice good morning and good night is sweet. Or here and there text are nice surprises.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:53 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post

I've been with my husband for decades and when I'm at work, I still email him very often and call him at least once a day, usually more. If I can do that after 20+ years, someone in a new relationship can certainly text/phone or get in contact with someone with whom they are supposedly in love.
I don`t think she said anything about "supposedly being in love" but yes, I agree it doesn`t take long to pick up the phone to say hey!!

Old 10-27-2012, 07:58 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
To whomever felt it was necessary to anonymously rep me the question "why does it matter?"

Obviously you didn't really have a question, since you attempted to make it as difficult as possible to respond to you.

But, I think the possibility exists that the man has multiple women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships