Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 09:06 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
So what exactly is your goal with this woman?

She works with you, is older than you, is brand new at work, and has a boyfriend.

What is your idea of "success" in this situation?

This has disaster written all over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I often wonder about posts like this, particularly when phrases like "longing glances" come into the discussion. You have a woman at work who is new, friendly, and all of a sudden she has the hots for you because she accidentally touched your hand or flipped her hair? Buying a beer for you sounds odd, but this is your story and your interpretation of otherwise unremarkable behavior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
If you bone her, be prepared to lose your job.

Do not dip your pen in Company Ink.
all of the above.

OP, perhaps she was just trying to ingratiate herself with the 'boys'? she is new, after all, so buying someone drinks is really not a big deal. as men we tend to overthink things and often mis-interpret friendliness as flirtatiousness. don't make this mistake.

besides, even if she did want something, workplace affairs are just too much trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 09:44 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,381 times
Take it from my personal experience:

Don't do it. Workplace flings/relationships are never a good idea. You risk much more than uncomfortable silence or stares in a meeting. You could be risking your job or chances to move up. Many managers/executives frown upon such things. You could be violating company policy if she is in your department...that's something you should consider as well.

I had a 3-month romance with a coworker in my last job. We both kept it secret, but when things went south, it was difficult to go to work and see her every day. Tread very lightly...

--Dim

Old 10-29-2012, 09:57 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Don't do it if you just want a fling.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:21 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Two reasons not to proceed -

She has a boyfriend.
You work together.

There are plenty of single ladies out there that you don't have to see in the office everyday. Plus I doubt she's as into you as you think. She was likely just being friendly.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:30 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
I married my co-worker ......

Just sayin ....

Old 10-30-2012, 05:36 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I often wonder about posts like this, particularly when phrases like "longing glances" come into the discussion. You have a woman at work who is new, friendly, and all of a sudden she has the hots for you because she accidentally touched your hand or flipped her hair? Buying a beer for you sounds odd, but this is your story and your interpretation of otherwise unremarkable behavior.
Argggh I was listening to a big old crusty bore banging on and on about his carp the other day.

I was sooooo bored I zoned out completely...and woke up to find myself twirling my hair.

Any LOSER would immediately assume I was flirting with him, instead of actually being bored to tears as I was.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:41 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,100 times
Gosh, she has a boyfriend. Doesnt that mean anything to anyone anymore? I would just leave it alone. And if she ever actually came out and ASKED to go out, etc..etc.. I would tell her sure..as soon as you dont have that thing called a 'boyfriend'.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:44 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Why are you even going there. She may have just been being nice. You are probably reading way to o much into this. I would back off. People loose their jobs over this type stuff.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:54 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Why would you want to date someone who is in a relationship with some other guy?

What's the matter--Can't get any other girls to notice you? Don't be a sucker.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:37 AM

365 posts, read 490,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Argggh I was listening to a big old crusty bore banging on and on about his carp the other day.

I was sooooo bored I zoned out completely...and woke up to find myself twirling my hair.

Any LOSER would immediately assume I was flirting with him, instead of actually being bored to tears as I was.

That's pretty common but it does relate really well to this story... If she did have the time; She was flirting with you however, dating a co-worker is a horrible idea... chances are she just wants to fit in with everyone anyway. Being a new worker you just want to make some friends and i bet that's what she's doing. Awkward glaces are very common between people and they mean nothing unless some type of other action is thrown in with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships