Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 07:49 AM

36 posts, read 77,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
She could be just very shy but I would think even then if you put in the effort to ask her out she would say yes if she was interested. Give her your number and tell her to call/text sometime if she's interested in hanging out and move on. You've already put yourself out there so now it's up to her to meet you halfway.
1 question...is it ALWAYS a bad situation if you try getting her number and she asks to take yours instead and will get back to you?

yeah the last thing i'd want to do is message her...when i approached her in person it was in the middle of a hallway,no privacy i walked up from behind when i said her name her shoulders slightly went up like she was stunned/frozen and was talking real slow/nervously calm..so i went with the message to make her more comfortable

the message was probobally 3paragraphs long..this awkwardness went on for about 5months so i thought for sure there was chemistry..basically leading me to think she has no clue how to respond to the message because i was so straight foward with her..i gave her alot of space told her she could be honest with me..she wouldnt hurt my feelings..i just wanted to know the truth of what was going on for all those months
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 07:52 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,346,581 times
And i'll add this...sometimes all the signs can be there but there could be other things going on in her life. So maybe she finds you cute/attractive but she's unavailable for whatever reason (boyfriend, residual feelings for an ex, not interested in relationship at moment).

I dealt with a similar situation this year. Girl gave me all the signs even was told by one of her friends that she would be interested in going out if I asked. But...she got cold feet when I finally approached because she still has feelings for an ex who she eventually started dating again. It sucks but you have to move on sometimes.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:52 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,118 times
ok, here's a tip. when you ask a girl for her number and she says, "why don't you give me yours?" or "you can take my email", it means she's not interested.

also, most women will rarely if ever flat out reject you, because they (understandably) want to avoid drama and want to let you down as gently as possible. as you gain more experience hitting on girls, you'll have experiences when a girl will give you her number, even saying, "sure! i'd love to meet up sometime" and then never hear/see her again. it comes down to being attentive and picking up vibes, body language because these tell you a lot more about how she really feels.

she gave you plenty of clues which you missed. it's no great loss, you live and learn. but yeah, i'm with those that say "move on".

Old 10-29-2012, 07:56 AM

458 posts, read 611,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soicey321 View Post
1 question...is it ALWAYS a bad situation if you try getting her number and she asks to take yours instead and will get back to you?

yeah the last thing i'd want to do is message her...when i approached her in person it was in the middle of a hallway,no privacy i walked up from behind when i said her name her shoulders slightly went up like she was stunned/frozen and was talking real slow/nervously calm..so i went with the message to make her more comfortable
Well, I'm happily married and all..........

But in "my day" no it wasn't bad if his number was asked for instead. You don't want to give your number out to someone who could be......fill in the blank.

I vote for she probably is shy, insecure whatever but I wouldn't wait around for it. The possibility that she's shy should be taken into consideration if she finally does contact you, but since you won't be waiting around (in case she really isn't interested) it's all good if that's the case.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
ok, here's a tip. when you ask a girl for her number and she says, "why don't you give me yours?" or "you can take my email", it means she's not interested.

also, most women will rarely if ever flat out reject you, because they (understandably) want to avoid drama and want to let you down as gently as possible. as you gain more experience hitting on girls, you'll have experiences when a girl will give you her number, even saying, "sure! i'd love to meet up sometime" and then never hear/see her again. it comes down to being attentive and picking up vibes, body language because these tell you a lot more about how she really feels.

she gave you plenty of clues which you missed. it's no great loss, you live and learn. but yeah, i'm with those that say "move on".
yeah when i first came across her i thought she was attractive but then she started showing all these signs..didnt really think much of it at first but as months went on..leading me to feel this kind of vibe with her...thinking if i had one for someone i hardly know she must too,otherwise why would it of been so awkward for 5months straight

Old 10-29-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tell-the-Truth View Post

But in "my day" no it wasn't bad if his number was asked for instead. You don't want to give your number out to someone who could be......fill in the blank.

I vote for she probably is shy, insecure whatever but I wouldn't wait around for it. The possibility that she's shy should be taken into consideration if she finally does contact you, but since you won't be waiting around (in case she really isn't interested) it's all good if that's the case.
yeah i felt that she could of been self-concious of her self,i mean ive heard from other co-workers she was lonley which i did not understand what-so-ever because of her looks and personality

Old 10-29-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tell-the-Truth View Post

so basically your saying there is a good chance she will build up courage and respond to me? i'd consider her any day but if im talking to another female by then im not going to ditch her for who im talking about now,considering i gave her that HUGE 2nd chance

basically just dont get why she would give me so much attention..body language..smiles...acknowledging me from 40feet away keeping contact,when all along she could of just avoided me//make no eye contact ect

Last edited by soicey321; 10-29-2012 at 08:12 AM..

Old 10-29-2012, 09:16 AM

if anymore females want to drop more knowledge feel free

Old 10-29-2012, 09:47 AM

264 posts, read 309,028 times
Translation: Someone please tell me what I want to hear.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:45 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,632 times
If she didnt like you at all, you wouldnt be getting these vibes. Best thing to do, is Try. 100% miss shots - they NEVER TOOK! Go up to her, talk to her, ask her if she would like to go out on a date. Dont be stalled, if she says maybe, say OK I take that for a no then ???? If she doesnt disagree and lets you walk away....then that is that. Game over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships