Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 09:20 PM

2,398 posts, read 3,832,812 times

Advertisements

Well.....I climbed a big tree outside of his house one evening. I had a huge crush on the same boy from 6th grade to senior year. I think I was a junior in HS at the time and my best friend dared me to do it. She was under the tree egging me on. I couldn't see or hear much of anything from the tree and when trying to get down I fell out of the tree knocking the wind out of me. My BF howled with laughter and the porch light came on with the ruckus outside. I couldn't get up so I just rolled under the front bushes as my BF ran off leaving me. His folks came out on the porch to see what was going on. I laid under those scratchy bushes for at least a half hour until the porch light went off again. I felt really stupid.

I never did date that boy. He was very pretty but I saw him in his early 20's and he was almost bald. I was shocked. But he caught me streaking (it was the mid 70s) with two friends in my senior year. Aaaaakk! So much for dumb crushes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 09:40 PM

233 posts, read 445,055 times
I was always the shy and quiet type in HS, and hated any sort of attention at all. One time I was standing in the lunch line with a guy I liked and one of the jocks from the football team cut in front of us. The jock was one of those guys who made fun of anyone who wasn't a cheerleader or in sports--a real jerk who thought he was entitled to special treatment. The way he thought that neither of us had a spine to say or do anything ticked me off and I didn't want to look weak in front of my crush, so I tapped the jock's shoulder and proceeded to get in his face and yell at him about his extreme rudeness. When I realized that most of the cafeteria was looking at me I was sooo embarrassed.

My crush and I dated for almost 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I decided to go way off the deep end and write her a poem(I knew was able to write reasonably well for my age), and I approached her and told her how I felt then I read the poem. Of course, after I read it, she and her friend started laughing and I was rejected immediately.
Aww, that was sweet. Teenage girls can be such witches sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I happened to be in the course counseling/drop-add/transaction type office and, when no one was looking, I quickly opened up a pull-out drawer that had people's class registrations in there, and found her file with a course that would work for me. I did a drop-add of my own to get into her class. I still never got to know her very well.
Dang, way to take the initiative!

Old 10-29-2012, 11:43 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
When I was 14, I dated this girl briefly and she broke up with me. I used to wait in the park by her school for her to walk by so I could walk her home. I thought it was romantic at the time, but looking back.. that was creepy stalker behavior. She would avoid me most days I think.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:47 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Sunbathing, at 15 whenever the guy next door was out. He was older than me. I had no other ideas
It was not a coincidence that every time he was coming home from work, I was out there wearing hardly anything, in the heat lol
It worked, though

Old 10-30-2012, 03:15 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
I've repressed those memories. Only a UFO torture room can bring them back.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:16 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
I delivered pizza when I was 18. Well, one of my deliveries was to a really cute blond. After work I ended up calling her and we dated for 6 months. That was totally out of character for me.

Our first date was on my 19th birthday and it was a tough date. I ended locking my keys in my truck and I had to call my parents to rescue us.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:56 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Actually, I saved up two months worth of allowance money to buy a teddy bear valentinegram for a girl. They came with a little message card, and I signed my initials.

Unfortunately, right before Vday, I got food poisoning, and another boy with my same initials claimed credit and they were together the next day. I saw her holding my teddy bear, I began to cry and I ran off.

...didn't know what to do.

I was depressed for the rest of the school year. This was in grade eight.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:33 PM

838 posts, read 1,875,839 times
Not necessarily embarrassing, but ... I was heart broken when my First Love broke up with me (circa 1974) ... not long after that, I was shopping for my first car ... I found a used MGB for sale ... MGBs were her favorite car, and in my hormone ravaged teenaged mind, I thought that me having an MGB would win her back ... it didn't work, but that car was the most fun car I've ever owned ... 40 years later I want another one

Old 10-30-2012, 07:37 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
You know, despite my terrible spelling in the title(I blame the lap top keyboard!) this is a pretty entertaining thread! Thanks guys! Keep them coming!

Old 10-30-2012, 07:42 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
The only car I truly like is a dirty old station wagon with wood paneling I've been in one once and it had a smell and feel to it like a perfectly aged car that smells kind of musty.

The next car I buy will be brand new wagon, but I am definitely getting me some wood panels. And I am gonna drive that thing until my first kid is old enough to drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships