Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 06:05 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,823,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
We'll probably be hearing from you a couple years from now talking about how much your marriage sucks and asking if you should get out....
Oh -- turns out we're already there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 06:07 PM

102,086 posts, read 107,127,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayomi View Post
Legally, yes but not in church. We had our legal wedding brough forward for several reasons, but I made it clear that the church wedding meant more to me.

"Legally" means YOU'RE MARRIED!!! You're NOT engaged! You'll need to divorce to get out of this! Meaning, you'll need to hire a lawyer! Get help. From your parents, or the local women's shelter/counseling center, anywhere. Just get. help. now.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
We'll probably be hearing from you a couple years from now talking about how much your marriage sucks and asking if you should get out....
A couple of years from now she'll be saddled with a kid or two, utterly trapped, with a bruised, misshapen face, possibly a broken bone or two, if she's alive at all. He'll be monitoring her computer use and reading her emails and forum posts. While banging his secretary at work, of course.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:09 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,784,576 times
You have got to be kidding me.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:10 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,991,004 times
Quote:
Legally, yes but not in church. We had our legal wedding brough forward for several reasons, but I made it clear that the church wedding meant more to me.
Alert alert alert. Phony poster alert.

And I quote your OP: "I've been engaged to this guy for about 20 months, and we got engaged after 2-3 months of dating."

Now, I note that you are using Present Perfect tense here, which means you are still engaged. If you were married, you would have mentioned that in the first post. In fact, there is no mention of your being married at all until suddenly you needed to change the facts in order to plug the gaping hole in your story.

So either you're married or your engaged. Since you didn't mention being married in the first post, I have to assume that you're making this up as you go along in order for whatever motive.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:16 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,784,576 times

Old 10-29-2012, 06:18 PM

542 posts, read 1,096,524 times
Sigh, The OP sounds like my sister. She was dating her now husband and complained about the same kind of things, though not as extreme. Of course we warned her that he sounds like he's too possessive and probably abusive. She moves in with him, he becomes more possessive, so much so, that she can't even talk on the phone when he's around, not even to her own family. So what does she do? She marries him, even though we pointed out all of the red flags we saw, h*ll, she pointed out red flags to us that we didn't know about.

They've been married for 3yrs, she's be saying that she's gonna leave for 3yrs. Not to be a downer, but people are gonna do what they wanna do. For 3yrs i have been hearing about his emotional abuse, and it keeps going & going....

So even though the OP is asking for advice, she'll still do what she wants, and like another poster said, she'll be back on CD complaining about their marriage and asking for advice on how to leave.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:21 PM

12 posts, read 12,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Alert alert alert. Phony poster alert.

And I quote your OP: "I've been engaged to this guy for about 20 months, and we got engaged after 2-3 months of dating."

Now, I note that you are using Present Perfect tense here, which means you are still engaged. If you were married, you would have mentioned that in the first post. In fact, there is no mention of your being married at all until suddenly you needed to change the facts in order to plug the gaping hole in your story.

So either you're married or your engaged. Since you didn't mention being married in the first post, I have to assume that you're making this up as you go along in order for whatever motive.
The thread I linked to was created by him, not me. Yes I did't mention the legal marriage because like I said earlier, it was brough forward for some reasons, and I don't consider it that important because of this.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:22 PM

OP: DO NOT COME BACK YEARS LATER and ask us for advice! You already have our advice. You know what we're going to say. Don't say we didn't warn you. Take responsibility for your decisions. Good luck to you.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Yes I did't mention the legal marriage because like I said earlier, it was brough forward for some reasons, and I don't consider it that important because of this.
A "legal marriage" that has been "brought forward" for "some reasons" (let us guess--his reasons, right? He wanted to get you tied to him legally ASAP = control freak) "isn't important"?? It doesn't count as a marriage?? WHAT???!!!! YOU"RE MARRIED, OP, whether you think it's "important" or not, you're tied to him legally. You can't get untied without MONEY and A LAWYER.

Did you think because it wasn't a church wedding that somehow it was invalid? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships