Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 06:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,827,040 times

Advertisements

Dump the Awesome. Bring on the Mysterious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 06:34 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,179,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Dump the Awesome. Bring on the Mysterious.
Raena always brings the Awesome AND the Mysterious

Old 10-31-2012, 06:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,827,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Raena always brings the Awesome AND the Mysterious
I try my friend I try. (Bows) shat help me up I can't get back up.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:44 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,782,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
We've both been well schooled in the subtle art of keeping a potential partner interested
Apparently...

Old 10-31-2012, 07:19 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,010,867 times
A long time ago in a galaxy far far... Ok enough of that. When I was a kid getting ready to go to my first dance with my first date my dad gave me some advice. Some of it wont be applicable here (always be a gentleman for instance) but some I think applies to everyone and a couple tidbits would seem to fit here. He told me to be always be honest and be myself because I could never make up a me that would be better than what I was because the me I made up would be a lie. Also never try to impress or more specifically, brag. No one likes a braggart. IMO you offer no resume nor present any credentials because they make it appear the water is too deep and you are hoping they will float you. They will not because it is not credentials that men seek. They may be looking for love, they may be looking to get laid, but either way your accomplishments will not interest them unless you yourself already do.

On a personal level since my divorce I have seen the credentials got trotted out several times when it become obvious the batting of eyes and thrusting of boobs thing wasn't going to work. It isn't that I didn't care, I am glad for them and their achievements and they were a part of my interest to begin with but it just doesn't matter when the spark isn't there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships