U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do couples match up evenly?
Women's physical attractiveness equal to man's physical attractiveness? 27 40.30%
Women's physical attractiveness on par with man's financial status? 40 59.70%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 04:04 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,126,085 times

Advertisements

I never consider moneybags,just looks and whether there is an innate spiritual spark between us and then common interests.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 06:35 PM

7,392 posts, read 5,570,939 times
Looks (I need to be attracted to my partner)
Intellect/worldview
Personality/character

I'd say #1 for me and my husband. I think this is more common than not.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:44 PM

93 posts, read 64,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
But I bet it was your humility and strong quiet confidence that really sealed the deal.
I was reading this thinking he's probably a solid 6 in all aspects. Sort of remind me of the old guys at the guy who think they're running the places.

My match is based on mostly based on the guy who DTF when I am. Usually younger, because guys my age suck as FWB.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:51 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,731,198 times
Im glad I saw this because I was just thinking about this today after I was told I will likely date someone out of my league and I definitely dont want to do so.

For me, out of my league is only slightly associated with looks and more so success and social status. If I am dating someone who looks wise is about even with me but she is far more successful than I am and perhaps more of an alpha female and I am more of a beta male (i'm not but just for an example) I would consider her far more out of my league than a woman who is a solid 10 on attractiveness, but not nearly as accomplished or successful or has the social status.

For example, Taylor Swift is out of my league (by a lot), but a women who looks just like Taylor Swift living in my same city and has a normal life probably isnt.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:05 PM

6,286 posts, read 8,525,137 times
It's more money/money, education level/education level around the Boston area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships