Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 04:41 PM

313 posts, read 664,572 times

Advertisements

Im confused. Sorry if I'm doing another post. Some people I know said I did the wrong thing dumping him.

Me and this guy were seeing each other for six months. We broke up once. I like him and he said he likes me. We see each other once a week on a weekend. He takes me out to nice, expensive places. He pays for our date . He wouldnt let me pay even if I offer. He treats me really well. I could say he treats me like a princess. He gives me everything I want that I don't need to ask for anything. He spoils me. He gets jealous when guys stare at me or talk to me. He talks to them and tell them were together and they should back off. I feel protected when I'm with him. He's funny, educated and has a great career. He's very handsome too. We alway have alot of fun hanging out.

The problem is when we're apart. He doesn't call or text. When I call or text, he doesn't respond sometimes. It makes me feel unimportant. I don't feel he cares at all. It's totally different when were together and when were not. I broke up with him before for the same reason. He came back. I ignored him but he was persistent that I gave it another shot. Well, nothing has changed. My friends said, I should have just ignored his " lack of communication" . They said this guy is into me but I don't feel that way. Last night, I dumped him. Did I do the right think? Is he into me or not? I was getting mixed messages from him. What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 04:47 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,773,987 times
Sounds like he is either married or in a committed relationship with somene else.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:49 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,941 times
lol, if wining and dining you isnt an indication that he is "into you" then I dont know what else needs to be done for you to see it.

Did you ever confront him about the issue that is bothering you? If so, what was his explanation? I work with a lad that has a similar issue. He has a tendency to leave his phone in the office...and the bloody thing buzzes from 8am til we leave....mostly calls from his wife...and he never answers... its just the way he is...she is used to it now, after 5 + years of marriage

Last edited by Percentage; 11-09-2012 at 04:57 PM..

Old 11-09-2012, 04:55 PM

2,920 posts, read 1,984,560 times
The key thing I noticed in your post is that you don't think he cares at all. You've spent alot of time with him, but honestly don't think he cares. You have to go with your own gut feeling since you're the one who has spent one on one time with him.

The communication thing could just be something he's not that comfortable with, especially the texting part. Not everyone's into that. I know the younger generation does it all the time, but it'd drive me nuts if someone texted me alot. But that's because I'm not into it. Phonecalls on the otherhand would probably get returned when possible. People do need their space, some more than others so maybe he's that type.

But still, if you don't think he cares after all the time you two have spent together, maybe it's not a match. Only you two can say. At this point it probably doesn't matter since you let him go for the second time. Not too many guys would give a girl a chance to dump them three times.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:02 PM

219 posts, read 506,744 times
Were you calling him or texting him during his work hours? If so, he may not have responded because he was busy. On the other hand if, after you've been dating for a few months, you're only hanging out one day a week on the weekend and he only calls or texts a couple of times a week then he's either not that in to you, to busy with his life to have a relationship (which it sounds like you want one) or he's cheating on his wife/girlfriend with you.

Honestly, six months is a long time to just be seeing each other one day a week. After dating for 3 months my wife and I couldnt go more than a day without banging the crap out of each other, much less calling each other.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:04 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
perfectly normal to feel that way. if it felt right when you were breaking up it was probably the right thing to do

Old 11-09-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
The key thing I noticed in your post is that you don't think he cares at all. You've spent alot of time with him, but honestly don't think he cares. You have to go with your own gut feeling since you're the one who has spent one on one time with him.

The communication thing could just be something he's not that comfortable with, especially the texting part. Not everyone's into that. I know the younger generation does it all the time, but it'd drive me nuts if someone texted me alot. But that's because I'm not into it. Phonecalls on the otherhand would probably get returned when possible. People do need their space, some more than others so maybe he's that type.

But still, if you don't think he cares after all the time you two have spent together, maybe it's not a match. Only you two can say. At this point it probably doesn't matter since you let him go for the second time. Not too many guys would give a girl a chance to dump them three times.
When were together, hes totally into me. I feel he doesn't care when were apart. He doesn't text or return my calls sometimes. Then one day he would just text me out of nowhere like totally ignored my last message.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRScott View Post
Were you calling him or texting him during his work hours? If so, he may not have responded because he was busy. On the other hand if, after you've been dating for a few months, you're only hanging out one day a week on the weekend and he only calls or texts a couple of times a week then he's either not that in to you, to busy with his life to have a relationship (which it sounds like you want one) or he's cheating on his wife/girlfriend with you.

Honestly, six months is a long time to just be seeing each other one day a week. After dating for 3 months my wife and I couldnt go more than a day without banging the crap out of each other much less calling each other.
That's the thing he only calls when he wants to see me. I don't think he has a wife or gf. I've been to his house and I've met his friends.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRScott View Post

Honestly, six months is a long time to just be seeing each other one day a week. After dating for 3 months my wife and I couldnt go more than a day without banging the crap out of each other, much less calling each other.
I call him after work. I never called him during his working hours.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:16 PM

219 posts, read 506,744 times
How long does he go between returning your calls/texts? A few hours, a few days?

Still only seeing each other one day a week after six months!!!?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships