Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 01:27 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,784,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Being average looking, girl next door is not the pot of gold men claim it to be. This idea that men do not approach these women is ridiculous. Morons from every corner of the earth go up to these 8s or 9s and ask them out. Seen it with my own eyes.
Obviously Doll Eyes, us average women are over-estimating our attractiveness. We are really 1-2s, and that's why we aren't getting overwhelming amounts of male attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 01:32 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,713,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Obviously Doll Eyes, us average women are over-estimating our attractiveness. We are really 1-2s, and that's why we aren't getting overwhelming amounts of male attention.

haha. well that's a totally different perspective on the whole thing. Maybe you are right.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:43 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,184,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
They showed your "more" assertion to only be your opinion. What this thread shows in tandem is that this over estimation of yours (general you that whine on this board) is that instead of losing the overestimating you guys just blame the women. Lol it's kind of funny and totally fitting. It guarantees justice.

These guys are just doing their usual clueless assuming.

But they didnt disprove anything I said though lol, what part of that don't you understand. Hell I never even argued against what that study showed.. But whatever

And of course it's just my opinion, everything anyone posts on the relationship board is their opinion. I'm only "wrong" if I state a personal experience as a fact for everyone's life which I don't do.(Well at least try hard not to)

Old 11-16-2012, 02:01 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,592,324 times
Who is a 3 in your eyes may be a 6 in someone elses. Attractivness is highly subjective, so you cant pigeon hole people into neat little groups of attractivness, because you lack mental capacity to see the world in all of its complexity. Rating people based on attractivness, or believing in nonsensical notions like leagues has nothing to do with gender, but with level of maturity, or more precisely lack of maturity. As a man, I will approach any woman whom i find attractive, and I couldnt care less if she is a noble prize winner or a supermodel. For a man who wants success with the opposite sex, this is by far the most attractive stance to take and it leads to biggest rewards. Couldnt care less if your juvenile high school underdeveloped brain tells you its wrong.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:16 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,323,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Who is a 3 in your eyes may be a 6 in someone elses. Attractivness is highly subjective, so you cant pigeon hole people into neat little groups of attractivness, because you lack mental capacity to see the world in all of its complexity. Rating people based on attractivness, or believing in nonsensical notions like leagues has nothing to do with gender, but with level of maturity, or more precisely lack of maturity. As a man, I will approach any woman whom i find attractive, and I couldnt care less if she is a noble prize winner or a supermodel. For a man who wants success with the opposite sex, this is by far the most attractive stance to take and it leads to biggest rewards. Couldnt care less if your juvenile high school underdeveloped brain tells you its wrong.
Don't get me started here. I can site examples of this. (There are women I find attractive that my friends think, meh and vice versa.)

Old 11-16-2012, 02:19 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,875,114 times
All I can say is in my 20's I was well above average look wise I got asked out by a lot of men. However most of the men were weird and creepy. So many (probably most)made it known they were only interested in me because of my looks. Very few of these guys wanted a relationship. The ones who did want a relationship were not guys I wanted to date (obese, poor hygiene, dads, etc). Now in my 40's it is considerably worse because yes I still attract men but it feels like scraping the bottom of the barrel. I would have dated average decent men but rarely were these the guys who approached me.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:00 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,441,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Who is a 3 in your eyes may be a 6 in someone elses.
Exactly. I had surgery a couple of weeks ago and two of my friends went and waited with me. I thought the anesthesiologist was very attractive. My two friends thought he was good looking but not nearly as much as I did. No one would ever get anywhere if we all had the same idea of what's attractive.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:07 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
But they didnt disprove anything I said though lol, what part of that don't you understand. Hell I never even argued against what that study showed.. But whatever

And of course it's just my opinion, everything anyone posts on the relationship board is their opinion. I'm only "wrong" if I state a personal experience as a fact for everyone's life which I don't do.(Well at least try hard not to)
I don't just post my opinion. I post collected data which is meant to reflect reality, not my opinion. You can announce that we all have ass holes all day, but I fail to see the merit of it.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:11 PM

29,700 posts, read 34,240,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Exactly. I had surgery a couple of weeks ago and two of my friends went and waited with me. I thought the anesthesiologist was very attractive. My two friends thought he was good looking but not nearly as much as I did. No one would ever get anywhere if we all had the same idea of what's attractive.
Yep. I was out for drinks with a friend the other night, and she leans over and whispers, "there are some really cute guys at the bar!" I looked, and I saw a couple of dudes at the bar, but they weren't what I would describe as "really cute." Different strokes and such.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times
I thought my ex-fiance was gorgeous. Sometimes women would fall all over themselves in front of him. Some of my friends thought he was incredibly good looking - and a couple of them thought he was ugly. There was no middle ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships