Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 01:47 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,030,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
What really matters is I was a 10 to my late husband, and hopefully, one day, I will be a 10 to someone else as well.
That's really the heart of the matter though.

If OP or the hundreds of guys here who complain about average women being too picky (yours truly having been among them) had a woman or a few call them hot and handsome whom they were also attracted to (or even not), we don't have any of these threads. Most people's egos don't live in vacuum. It must FEED!

Really, OP, the truth is ... nobody cares that you struggle with women. Nobody.

So, there's 2 things you can do...

1) Get out there and play the game until you find somebody who likes you. The odds seem to be out of your favor for whatever reason (male, average, etc), but keep plugging. Realizing it's tough for you can actually be an advantage. It will cause you to ratchet up your ambition level. Eventually, you'll hit one.

2) Give up and be content not dating. I don't recommend this. You can bury yourself in your work and school and hobbies, but the truth is that can't alleviate your pain and bitterness. I know it hasn't for me. The solution is to find somebody. All of the posters here who have given up on dating when they were in a bad place to begin with keep posting about being ugly and the opposite sex being superficial. So, giving up on dating has only masked their bitterness. But I think a good woman could really KILL a lot of it.

Good luck...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 01:53 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,181,602 times
Isn't beauty in the eyes of the beholder?

Old 11-14-2012, 02:00 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,546,488 times
I think women have an extremely inflated view of their self-worth and appearance. They think that the simple fact that they are female makes them God's gift to man. It's one of the reasons that I've thrown dating out the window. I figure that there are better ways for me to waste my time and money.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:12 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,174,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
If a woman isn't particularly welcoming when a man approaches, it doesn't mean that she thinks she's gorgeous. All it means is that regardless of how "average" someone may think she is, she's still not willing to settle for that particular man and maybe she has good reason not to.
Ouch That's pretty cold.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:18 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,174,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post

You are definitely right about that much!

Old 11-14-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Lol.

Actually, I care. I feel for you man.

Unfortunately, there's not much I can do. If I were an attractive 25 year old woman with a warm heart, it might be a little different...

Old 11-14-2012, 02:34 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,320,098 times
Quote:
That's really the heart of the matter though.

If OP or the hundreds of guys here who complain about average women being too picky (yours truly having been among them) had a woman or a few call them hot and handsome whom they were also attracted to (or even not), we don't have any of these threads.
It's not that simple for some men...

Just last week, I had a woman look at me and practically have her world rocked. I mean, she has lost her frame of reference for a good few seconds.

This was pretty much how it went.

WOMAN: OH, WOW!!! You are really handsome.

She wasn't bad looking either.

However, I am still not totally pleased with my life.

The fact of the matter is that if you are not pleased with yourself, then it would probably take thousands of women that look like the girl of your dreams going GaGa over how good you look before it has a significant effect on your outlook towards yourself.

But this is just me.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:38 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,107,776 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
The thing is - that's not true. But when you try to help people and all they do is throw insults at you - it makes it difficult. I asked lpfan 2 times what he said to this latest woman and what exactly she said back to him. Maybe he is doing something that turns women off. Maybe he's going after the wrong type of women. Maybe he's just had really bad luck. If he told us exactly what was said in the exchange - maybe we could help him out.

Honestly - I would love for everyone to just be happy. If I can help someone out - that would be great. If I can help someone gain some insight - that would be great. If people help me gain some insight - that's also great.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
It's not that simple for some men...

Just last week, I had a woman look at me and practically have her world rocked. I mean, she has lost her frame of reference for a good few seconds.

This was pretty much how it went.

WOMAN: OH, WOW!!! You are really handsome.

She wasn't bad looking either.

However, I am still not totally pleased with my life.

The fact of the matter is that if you are not pleased with yourself, then it would probably take thousands of women that look like the girl of your dreams going GaGa over how good you look before it has a significant effect on your outlook towards yourself.

But this is just me.
Well. I don't know anything about your posts, but I haven't seen you complaining.

I mean, the truth is, if any woman in my life had ever done that to me, I'd be beyond thrilled. If I felt she was sincere, it could really change my self esteem to a significant degree for the long haul. I'm not joking...

I realize everything is in a frame of reference, but I don't see too many people who have had no problems attracting people complain about the opposite sex being too picky.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:44 PM

29,682 posts, read 34,211,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
The thing is - that's not true. But when you try to help people and all they do is throw insults at you - it makes it difficult. I asked lpfan 2 times what he said to this latest woman and what exactly she said back to him. Maybe he is doing something that turns women off. Maybe he's going after the wrong type of women. Maybe he's just had really bad luck. If he told us exactly what was said in the exchange - maybe we could help him out.
I was wondering that, too. I can't imagine that a friendly woman who is giving a guy a "come talk to me" look is going to respond to a sincere, "hi, I'm <name>" with "OMG get the F out of my face you creep." Maybe it is her, but maybe it's him or it's both of them. We can't help if OP's just going to be vague and play the victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships