Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 07:03 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
It continues to surprise me how many people just have no clue about their own attractiveness. It's not the majority, i wouldn't say, but it's a sizable minority. Two trends i notice:

Average-looking women who think they are God's Gift to men. I don't know if it's feminism or some other phenomenon, but more and more women of modest looks are extremely arrogant, demanding, picky, and superficial. As i've said in other threads, when average-looking women shoot me down, they tend to be flat-out mean. Very harsh words. Like they WANT to hurt men. Maybe i'm a scapegoat for some other man who looked her over in the past... i don't know. But they seem to go out of their way to destroy your self-esteem and make you insecure, as if they enjoy hurting you. Literally, yesterday, an average looking woman wrote me an email message response telling me in great detail what a loser she thinks i am. I really think she ENJOYED crushing my self esteem.

Also, i am noticing a number of extremely attractive women who have no idea how good looking they are. They think they are average-looking. They actually get surprised that you find them so attractive. Maybe inside, they realize they are attractive, and they are just being modest and humble. But it is surprising how many extremely attractive women seem oblivious to their ability to attract any man they want. Of course, these women are rarely single, because what guy doesn't want to be with an extremely attractive woman who is also down to earth? Whenever extremely attractive women shoot you down, they usually give you a simple "i'm taken but thanks for asking" or something else relatively polite, and move on. It still hurts, but it's not quite as scathing.

These trends apply to men as well, but in a different way. Guys going for women in different leagues. This is where you have the 350-lb old guy going for supermodels, and wondering why he is having trouble. On the flip side are very good-looking guys who go through dry spells where they can't get an average-looking woman. Most guys, even the better-looking ones, go through at least one extended dry spell over their lifetime.

So does anyone else notice these trends? A lot of people just have no perspective, for better or for worse, on their own attractiveness.
I predict you're going to get a lot of tiresome responses about how subjective beauty is, about how one person's "5" could be another person's "10," blah, blah, blah. Lots of people on this site love to focus on trival exceptions to general rules and pick apart every little thing. Ugh. Yes, beauty is somewhat subjective. Overall, however, most people agree what falls within the "beautiful" range. Let's not get caught up in the tiny differences of opinion at the margins.

That said, I highly doubt many beautiful people are unaware that they are beautiful. And I find your claim that average-looking women think they are God's gift to men just bizarre. I've never gotten that attitude from average-looking women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 07:05 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
No. No way.
And....? I don't really care about a damn picture lol I'm just going by my own personal experiences. IME, Men tend to overrate their jobs, careers, economic status, cars, and personal achievements(You wouldnt believe the things I've seen men hype up, "You know I graduated High school") more then their actual looks.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:11 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times
I've seen firsthand that generally unattractive men with nothing going for them will approach women who are 10s with the utmost of confidence. If a girl is moderately overweight or is average in appearance you will not catch her chasing after men who are 10s.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:21 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
I've seen firsthand that generally unattractive men with nothing going for them will approach women who are 10s with the utmost of confidence. If a girl is moderately overweight or is average in appearance you will not catch her chasing after men who are 10s.
Sorry but I agree with Brad, I've seen more overweight woman outright reject guys her size and demand guys who look like Adonis. But this is all meaningless anyway since it's just are experiences.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:21 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
And....? I don't really care about a damn picture lol I'm just going by my own personal experiences. IME, Men tend to overrate their jobs, careers, economic status, cars, and personal achievements(You wouldnt believe the things I've seen men hype up, "You know I graduated High school") more then their actual looks.
Men overestimate just about everything, including their looks, compared to women. I imagine this discounts emotionally troubled men, but it's the case in general. Not only that, "Turns out unattractive men who are looking for a quick hookup, are more likely to overestimate how attractive women find them." ...." Men who thought they were hot also overestimated women’s desire for them. Furthermore, the more attractive the woman was to the man, the more likely he was to overestimate his desire in her."

Old 11-14-2012, 07:22 PM

@XX Yeah, but their not overrating themselves though, They're just going after tens. I rarely if ever see fat dudes saying or even remotely implying they look like Bradley cooper for example Lol. But I've seen the other way around tons of times.

Women don't approach or chase after men period so you'll never really see that anyway.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:26 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post

Haha no way... please don't tell me somebody actually said this.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:27 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Sorry but I agree with Brad, I've seen more overweight woman outright reject guys her size and demand guys who look like Adonis. But this is all meaningless anyway since it's just are experiences.
Do you think it might have something to do with what you choose to pay attention to? Humans filter out a majority of our environment when we're out and about. It's why anecdotes are not applied to populations; not rationally at least.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Men overestimate just about everything, including their looks, compared to women. I imagine this discounts emotionally troubled men, but it's the case in general. Not only that, "Turns out unattractive men who are looking for a quick hookup, are more likely to overestimate how attractive women find them." ...." Men who thought they were hot also overestimated women’s desire for them. Furthermore, the more attractive the woman was to the man, the more likely he was to overestimate his desire in her."
That's why i said "more then their actual looks" I never said men dont overestimate their looks period, reading is fundamental.

Your more likely to see a man overrate the car he drives or his yearly salary then that his physical appearance.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:31 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,185 times
Quote:
Moderately overweight, average in appearance women reject me all the time, often very rudely, like they get pleasure out of it. And i'd realistically give myself about a 7. So either they do in fact want 10s, or they want someone with a perfect personality. Either way, they are much too demanding for me. Like i said, gorgeous women shoot me down too, but they don't seem to enjoy it. They seem to be a bit more sensitive and polite about hurting someone's feelings.

Either way, i've had enough rejection... i'm packing it up and ordering a Russian bride if things don't get better soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships