Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 12:52 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times

Advertisements

most people are looking to make lives of there own (not saying you do not have a life of your own) they are looking for people in similar situations who have a means to accomplish the life they seek.
its a little hard to do that when you have no means to accomplish it. its equally as hard when you have a disability "clouding" what people think or want from life.

if you want my honest advise, seek others with the same or similar disabilities as you as they are the best people to understand where you are coming from and getting past that initial barrier of being accepted. im sure if you looked you could find a support group and start meeting some great people

good luck!

Old 11-15-2012, 12:53 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
If I don't have a job and still live with my parents because of a disability I'm having, should I just accept the fact that without a job I will never have a girlfriend?
yes, that is correct.

you may as well cut your penis off now.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:00 AM

664 posts, read 773,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
yes, that is correct.

you may as well cut your penis off now.
pretty much

Old 11-15-2012, 04:59 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Quote:
I don't have a trust fund and I don't even know what that is.

Not particularly good-looking no and charming? I don't know.

I'm 27 years old and still living in my parents' house because I cannot afford to live on my own. I suffer from multiple scelerosis, cancer, chronic pain, nausea, vomiting, chronic tiredness and social anxiety which makes it impossible for me to live on my own.
Then not having a job is the least of your problems! Why would you lead off a thread with such a common setback and neglect to tell us what your real situation is? Come on.

So you have several serious, chronic disabilities. Are you able to socialize at all? Which of your problems prevents you from occasionally going out to group events like classes, cultural gatherings, clubs, or church services? Do you you go to physical therapy? Swim? Shop? Watch sports?

There are ways you can meet women if you look at the way your life is structured and make a little effort. There are meds and counseling for social anxiety.

There might be hope for you if you make the effort. But first concentrate on the basics. MAKE FRIENDS.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:01 AM

300 posts, read 659,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
most people are looking to make lives of there own (not saying you do not have a life of your own) they are looking for people in similar situations who have a means to accomplish the life they seek.
its a little hard to do that when you have no means to accomplish it. its equally as hard when you have a disability "clouding" what people think or want from life.

if you want my honest advise, seek others with the same or similar disabilities as you as they are the best people to understand where you are coming from and getting past that initial barrier of being accepted. im sure if you looked you could find a support group and start meeting some great people

good luck!
I agree with this. Unemployment is probably not your main obstacle in finding a girlfriend. It sounds like it's your disability. I think it's a good idea to meet people through support groups.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:40 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,506,818 times
Quote:
If I don't have a job and still live with my parents because of a disability I'm having, should I just accept the fact that without a job I will never have a girlfriend?
I dont think that you need a job to have a girlfriend but you should have some goals and ambition in life.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:30 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
I find it easier to get a girlfriend than a job lately, but I still focus on making sure that I am financially taken care of before I get romantically involved.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:37 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Imagine if this really was the case in america?

Old 11-15-2012, 11:42 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,135,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
I dont think that you need a job to have a girlfriend but you should have some goals and ambition in life.
Exactly. Ambition is sexy.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:47 AM

203 posts, read 517,378 times
If you play MMORP games then I think you would probably find a girl there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships