Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 11:17 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I've never heard any man I know state they think Michelle Obama is attactive. Friends, co workers, sitting around the Barber shop(were people are very blunt) never heard it.
Almost everyone I know thinks she is attractive and appealing. I don't know many 20 year old men, but I bet she isn't really their type. Most people I know are 30+ and everyone thinks she is a great catch.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:33 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Although I do agree racial ignorance is way lower than it used to be, I still don't buy that non-Asian women are attracted to Asian men in general. I don't see it and I'm in a position to see it if it were happening. Believe me.

What is it that you think I 'don't get'?
I think you live in a certain box where there are limitations to everything and it makes you feel better. You like categorizing people into strict stereotypes and then keeping them there.

I'm well aware that non asian women are historically not into asian men. That's no secret to anyone. I'm also well aware that asian american males are growing up in a more mainstream society where they have more resources and influences on everything from their career opportunities to their physical looks and therefore have better access to women of other races. Especially the younger generations.

I witness asian american men dating women of other races at a higher rate than they ever have and I think that's great. I know a lot of people especially men of other races will secretly hate that, I mean who wants more competition.

So what don't you get? You emphasize the averages, clumping everyone together into one number. You fear change and people making the change. I like to emphasize the trend setters, the individuals who are changing the way society looks at an entire race.

TGIF.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:24 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
FYI, my post stated Black American culture not "Black culture". And I also know a lot of Caribbeans, Afro Latinos and Africans so there is no needs to attempt to educate me on the differences.
Frankly I don't know why there is such a hoopla being made on here about black culture. The question has still not be answered as to why it's a-okay for people to say asians have a culture or any other ethnic group/racial group but as soon as you say black culture it's a huge problem and immediately begs for dissection.

And lets say black americans did have more in common with white americans does that suddenly mean we do not have any culture of our own? Every time you turn around, non blacks are quick to point out the various ways we are different from them -- now suddenly we are just like them. So which is it?

And I was under the impression that black culture is an umbrella term for any of the ethnic groups that fall under being black or as you said the African diaspora. This isn't saying that black culture is one thing but inclusive of a number of things. Japanese culture is still Asian culture. So what is so hard to understand about this when it comes to black culture?

Old 11-16-2012, 12:35 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Almost everyone I know thinks she is attractive and appealing. I don't know many 20 year old men, but I bet she isn't really their type. Most people I know are 30+ and everyone thinks she is a great catch.
Im 33, most of the people I know are in their 30's. When hot women are brought, she never is. I remember one dude in the barber shop saying something about her being pretty and everybody looked at him sideways like what the hell are you talking about.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It's a woman thing. To me she's more like Jackie O: She Speaks, dresses and carries herself well. You get the feeling she can probably talk to anyone. Very few first ladies are what men would consider "I want her attractive".
I agree. Most of them are kind of past their prime once they reach the white house. Jackie O was probably the only what that I would consider attactive.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
No offense but that observation may simply be a reflection of the company you keep. In general, less educated and lower class men tend to have superficial physical preferences in women that are meant to be "beneficial" to the helping them climb a bit higher on the socioeconomic ladder.
You don't know anything about me or the company I keep. But nice try though, now move along troll.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:18 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You know mixed is currently the majority, Some people are just in denial. Lets see: Most all People who identify theirselves as black in the country are Bi, tri or more mixed. Almost all people from South America or Mexico are mixed. I believe 40 percent of white people that have been tested genetically have something other than caucasion in their DNA. My Grand mother is Mexican, should I claim I am Hispanic. My nieces and nephews are mostly mixed: White, Mexican, Korean, Thai. About 1/2 look white should they put that down on the census. A good percentage of my coworkers are mixed or have kids that are. Should they all claim one over the other?
Claim it all! On paper work I put Caucasion-Native American. My son is caucasion-asian-native American.

Wow LS Laun! Your a family of some good looking people!

Old 11-16-2012, 02:02 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,092,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
I think you live in a certain box where there are limitations to everything and it makes you feel better. You like categorizing people into strict stereotypes and then keeping them there.

I'm well aware that non asian women are historically not into asian men. That's no secret to anyone. I'm also well aware that asian american males are growing up in a more mainstream society where they have more resources and influences on everything from their career opportunities to their physical looks and therefore have better access to women of other races. Especially the younger generations.

I witness asian american men dating women of other races at a higher rate than they ever have and I think that's great. I know a lot of people especially men of other races will secretly hate that, I mean who wants more competition.

So what don't you get? You emphasize the averages, clumping everyone together into one number. You fear change and people making the change. I like to emphasize the trend setters, the individuals who are changing the way society looks at an entire race.

TGIF.
I was just making comments in a general sense. The last couple of women I went for seriously were actually non-Asian.

In years past, I'd have stuck to Asian gals just to keep my chances up.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:22 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
I hope the black community accepts them too. Reason being is that I was partially raised in Asian family and am white..so I grew up acultured Chinese. Not all Asians could grasp it
I would guess that it depends on the person.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:10 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Claim it all! On paper work I put Caucasion-Native American. My son is caucasion-asian-native American.

Wow LS Laun! Your a family of some good looking people!
Wow Trifecta! I bet he's a Cutie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships