Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

Without any sort of internal bias, do you think it's possible to find NOBODY, not one individual, from a certain racial or ethnic group attractive?

Like are there certain features which are deal-breakers, no matter what?

While I have preferences I can find individuals of any race or nationality attractive. You might not be into the typical _____ look, but usually I can find exceptions.

Also a lot of it isn't actually looks but other things like cultural aspects.

I think those who dismiss a whole race on the basis of looks can be closed minded.

Not wanting to mix is another matter altogether, but I think most people can find attraction people from all groups. That's just my two cents.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:39 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
No I don't think so.

Unless you are so racist your eyes don't work any more.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
No I don't think so.

Unless you are so racist your eyes don't work any more.
Yeah I mean like not like Asians, for instance. There are some Asians with more 'European' looks. I guess you could say then why not just go for a European, but I'm sure there are some say Japanese film stars or whatever that the majority of women everywhere would find attractive. Unless having black hair or something is just SO offputting that they can't.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Who doesn't like Asians?

Old 11-14-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Who doesn't like Asians?
Apparently Asian (including S. Asian men) are the 'least desirable' according to polls.

On a related note. I've been finding Asian girls really attractive lately. I still prefer more 'Caucasian' looking Asian girls, I will say, but sometimes I prefer them to actual white girls. There are many attractive Caucasian girls and girls from all races but I'm finding they're sometimes put on a pedestal.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Apparently Asian (including S. Asian men) are the 'least desirable' according to polls.

On a related note. I've been finding Asian girls really attractive lately. I still prefer more 'Caucasian' looking Asian girls, I will say, but sometimes I prefer them to actual white girls. There are many attractive Caucasian girls and girls from all races but I'm finding they're sometimes put on a pedestal.
Oh they are adorable Trimac.

And fyi Asian men can be hawt.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Oh they are adorable Trimac.

And fyi Asian men can be hawt.
Of course, I should know, I am one, apparently. It's an accident of birth, though. Nah I really don't care, I'm not too bad looking, it's just a fact that is easy to forget when you're a 'minority.' I just wish it wasn't an issue at all, ya know.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:04 PM

376 posts, read 652,783 times
Quote:
Without any sort of internal bias, do you think it's possible to find NOBODY, not one individual, from a certain racial or ethnic group attractive?

Like are there certain features which are deal-breakers, no matter what?

While I have preferences I can find individuals of any race or nationality attractive. You might not be into the typical _____ look, but usually I can find exceptions.

Also a lot of it isn't actually looks but other things like cultural aspects.

I think those who dismiss a whole race on the basis of looks can be closed minded.

Not wanting to mix is another matter altogether, but I think most people can find attraction people from all groups. That's just my two cents.

Political correctness heroes would pounce all over someone who answered yes to this question. However, I can tell you that most men of my race that I've discussed this with have no attraction to females of a particular race. I don't think it's racism as most of them tend to like females of another race that's not theirs. The ones that only like females of thier particular race could be due to racist views but not always.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Of course, I should know, I am one, apparently. It's an accident of birth, though. Nah I really don't care, I'm not too bad looking, it's just a fact that is easy to forget when you're a 'minority.' I just wish it wasn't an issue at all, ya know.
You know slowly the minority races will be more of the majority. Browning of America.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
Political correctness heroes would pounce all over someone who answered yes to this question. However, I can tell you that most men of my race that I've discussed this with have no attraction to females of a particular race. I don't think it's racism as most of them tend to like females of another race that's not theirs. The ones that only like females of thier particular race could be due to racist views but not always.
Doesn't make someone not racist. For instance, someone could ONLY date those of ANOTHER race yet secretly feel their own race is inferior in looks or otherwise. THAT is racist. You CAN be racist to your own race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships