Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 01:45 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

I'd like a little of both..a nice balance if possible.

I imagine a low maintenance man not caring at all about his appearance (wearing dirty, stained, smelly clothes etc. not taking showers often and so on) but on the other hand, a high maintenance man won't want to get dirty, will make me take off my shoes before getting in his car (yep, my ex did that) and has to have a snooty opinion about EVERYTHING (i.e. won't drink anything but home brew or craft beer and complains vocally if they only have 'regular' beer).

I think it's great that men can get pedicures (face it men.... most of your feet are disgusting) and can dress nicely, but I also like a man who can go camping or fishing and not worry about getting dirty.

So, a nice mix....like me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
will make me take off my shoes before getting in his car (yep, my ex did that) and has to have a snooty opinion about EVERYTHING (i.e. won't drink anything but home brew or craft beer and complains vocally if they only have 'regular' beer).

*sigh*

How long? 2 more weeks?

lol

Old 11-15-2012, 02:59 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
There are certainly high maintenance men, sometimes worse than most women. I would definitely be more interested in a man that was low maintenance. I find it a little creepy when I see guys with perfectly tweezed eyebrows.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
His own cheese to a restaurant? Really? I mean..it's a burger, not exactly gourmet food right there. What exactly is changing the cheese going to do? If he's that picky he should just go to a fancy restaurant and eat French food or something, lol. Glad you're not dating him anymore huh.
Now that doesn't seem that crazy to me. If you're not satisfied with cheddar, pepper jack, or Swiss, it's easy and unobtrusive to bring something you prefer. Like people who go to restaurants with their own salad dressing or hot sauce.

I imagine a high maintenance person being someone who likes things a particular way, but knows how to get things in order without bring a jerk about it. It's not always a bad thing.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:43 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
High enough to dress sharp but low enough not to take longer than me.

As I get older I am getting more picky about restaurant food. Living in the bay can make you feel like the infamous Portlandia episode about the local chicken.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:50 AM

884 posts, read 1,406,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
There are certainly high maintenance men, sometimes worse than most women. I would definitely be more interested in a man that was low maintenance. I find it a little creepy when I see guys with perfectly tweezed eyebrows.
I braid mine.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:52 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayyes View Post
I can't wait for the new show "flip your boyfriend".
Can't remember the name, but they had that show, with four gay guys usually doing an overhaul on a guy's dress and home style. Was a cute show. But wouldn't have enjoyed to be with any guy that used that much product as a result of that overhaul.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 AM

482 posts, read 799,259 times
As a woman I certainly would prefer my male partner to be low maintenance.High maintenance in men just screams gay as hell to me.A low maintenance guy, with good fit body, that takes care of himself is very ideal for me. Plus high maintence men seem stuck up.They are all over Atlanta.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:06 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,873 times
I'm a mix of both, I guess. White collar career, prefer to dress nicely (not metro, but somewhere on that side of the spectrum), and like the finer things in life. But, I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. (I replaced a toilet all by myself on Monday...not a glamorous job at all!) I'll work in the yard till I'm dirtier than a rhino in mud, shower and go to a nice restaurant after.

Life is all about balance...

--Dim

Old 11-15-2012, 09:09 AM

884 posts, read 1,406,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
I'm a mix of both, I guess. White collar career, prefer to dress nicely (not metro, but somewhere on that side of the spectrum), and like the finer things in life. But, I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. (I replaced a toilet all by myself on Monday...not a glamorous job at all!) I'll work in the yard till I'm dirtier than a rhino in mud, shower and go to a nice restaurant after.

Life is all about balance...

--Dim
Hope you flushed it first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships