Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 11:45 PM

101 posts, read 249,744 times

Advertisements

When we first started dating, I would sometimes catch my boyfriend looking at me. He would then act casual and look away or like he's looking at me because we're talking.

It was kind of embarrassing and flattering at the same time. I would then secretly look at myself in the mirror (or anywhere I can see my reflection) to see if I have anything on my face

But now, months into the relationship, he's been more "vulgar." When he's watching TV and I'm doing something else, he would suddenly look at me and stare, until I have to ask him what's wrong. He'd say nothing.

When he's sleeping, I would snuggle next to him, wrap his arms around me... and seconds later I'd realize his snoring has stopped. I would look up at his face and find him looking at me.

This morning, I woke up to see him getting dressed for work. I watched him with half-closed eyes. He was also looking at me. When he was done dressing, he came up to me in bed and stared at me again. His face was so close to mine that it made me conscious.

Of course he'd already brushed and bathed, while I lay in bed with mussed hair, no make up and possibly rheum in my eyes... I covered his eyes with my hand. He removed my hands and held them in his. I asked him what's wrong and he said, "I just wanna look at you. You know I always look at you."

And the way he was doing so, I seriously thought he would get undressed again. LOL But then he kissed me and told me to go back to sleep...

Just couldn't keep the incident from my mind, I just had to share it

I wonder what really goes on in a man's mind when he's looking at his woman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 11:52 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,045 times
Probably the football scores, or, will she give me a bj tonight?

Old 11-14-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
LOL! That is so mean... If it's the second, next time he stares at me I might just unzip his pants right then and there. But seriously, I usually just sit back a bit and he advances like a cat on the prowl. Well you know what comes next

Old 11-15-2012, 12:02 AM

601 posts, read 758,622 times
He's thinking about the relationship. he has this image in his mind about it..he's happy. Take it for face value. its a good thing

Old 11-15-2012, 12:04 AM

601 posts, read 758,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post

Your answer doesnt suprise me..directly proportionate to your brain size..You can have your perception about men in general..but youre so WRONG..shaking my head

Old 11-15-2012, 12:07 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
I'm trying to figure out what the "vulgar" part is while he is watching television.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I'm trying to figure out what the "vulgar" part is while he is watching television.
Oh I just meant that he doesn't "hide" looking at me like he did when we were a new couple. He used to look away when I would catch him staring at me. Now, he doesn't even pretend that he just "happened" to look at me. He stares even harder and comes closer when I stare back...

It makes me blush that I'm the one who looks away now or I cover his eyes!

Old 11-15-2012, 12:16 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalfuchsia View Post
When we first started dating, I would sometimes catch my boyfriend looking at me. He would then act casual and look away or like he's looking at me because we're talking.

It was kind of embarrassing and flattering at the same time.
100% flattering is my hunch. He sounds deeply into you.

Years ago, I found myself doing the same with a now, unfortunately deceased SO's eyes. It was first at a NYC Italian restaurant, and it went on for several minutes, as I have never seen such beautiful colors. She realized it and I did tell her what was going on, and I could tell at first she was somewhat uncomfortable, but quickly realized it was 110% flattering.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:17 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
He's thinking about the relationship. he has this image in his mind about it..he's happy. Take it for face value. its a good thing

this is usually it for me. although it really depends on my mood at "that moment" sometimes i look at her and realize just how attracted i still am to her (not sexually, just in general...its been 10 years and i still find her great looking), sometimes im taking note of how shes done her hair that day, whats shes wearing etc etc, sometimes im just watching her do daily activities because she still intrigues me as a person. if i happen to be in a spunky mood, well...im usually checking her fantastic ass out

there is no one point of looking at my wife on not being shy about. it just a general interest in the women i married drawing me to do so

Old 11-15-2012, 12:19 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalfuchsia View Post
Oh I just meant that he doesn't "hide" looking at me like he did when we were a new couple. He used to look away when I would catch him staring at me. Now, he doesn't even pretend that he just "happened" to look at me. He stares even harder and comes closer when I stare back...

It makes me blush that I'm the one who looks away now or I cover his eyes!

That is just creepy to be so intense when looking at you and being that close. My husband looks at me all the time but it isn't creepy and just reading your description of how he looks at you now gave me the creeps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships