Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 09:01 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,875,114 times

Advertisements

Here's the thing: many men in power cheat. No, not all but quite a few. It's not just military but politicians, movie/music stars, etc. They can find younger partners because of who they are. True story but years ago I met this famous rock band and the lead singer was famous for cheating on his model wife (and she knew). However another member considered the heartthrob of the group has an older wife who is not a model and he is faithful. The lead singer isn't even that good looking now but has women lining up because of who he is.

I come from a family with people that don't cheat and instead accept each other's aging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 09:09 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,713,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Oh I wouldn't give him brownie points. I'd be tempted to feel sorry for the remorseful one but the thing that would bother me and cause me to leave is that he clearly doesn't want me anymore, so what's the point of staying? Like the OP said the guys even echo this about Petraeaus wife.

Oh okay I thought you were referring to yourself, that's good. I agree, the man is no longer interested in communicating nor being with the woman & decided going outside the home was the 'best' solution. There's nothing left to salvage after that decision....in these political situations the wife always seems to stay and keep playing the fool. *smh*

Old 11-15-2012, 09:12 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,548,957 times
It is truly foul to talk about P's wife like that. I wish her the best. That's all I want to say.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:21 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,606,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubina View Post
I suspect it's all she knows. For the past 38 years she's been Mrs. Stand By Your Man Four Star General. I suspect she's no stranger to to infidelity considering she came from a military family and grew up around West Point. I'm not blaming her, but like women who stay married to athletes and celebrities who cheat. It's stay and be Mrs. Kobe Bryant or leave with a little chunk of change and let the next chick take center stage and you become a footnote. The mainstream news has been very careful not to point out the age/looks discrepancy. Frankly if they did divorce and he married someone 25 years younger even if she wasn't that cute, no one would really bat an eye. They'd suck their teeth, but he'd still be a general and wife #1 would be that woman he used to be married to.
Tiger Woods wife left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Oh okay I thought you were referring to yourself, that's good. I agree, the man is no longer interested in communicating nor being with the woman & decided going outside the home was the 'best' solution. There's nothing left to salvage after that decision....in these political situations the wife always seems to stay and keep playing the fool. *smh*
Well, Mrs. P is 60. If he wants to stay, she probably will let him due to their age.
Hopefully they can work it out and not end up divorced.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:44 PM

448 posts, read 684,099 times
If my husband cheats on me at that age, its cool.

I'm just gon put a lil extra um.."love" in his dinner. Collect that life insurance, and jet off to some island and get a younger man.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:46 PM

692 posts, read 1,001,944 times
Quote:
Tiger Woods wife left.
Yes she did, but I'm talking about the many that stay.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:53 PM

102,125 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
If my husband cheats on me at that age, its cool.

I'm just gon put a lil extra um.."love" in his dinner. Collect that life insurance, and jet off to some island and get a younger man.
Don't forget to collect the inheritance, too. Are the retirement savings in both your names? Better take care of that now...

Old 11-15-2012, 09:54 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,863,380 times
Ugh, the mistress looks like so many wanna be upper class stuffy office women at my work. I can hear the hasted clip clops of her heels in my head.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:27 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,394,969 times
Some unfortunate things have been said about the general's wife. She's 60 years old. She's been married to him for more than half her life. That's a long time to be a military wife. It takes a toll. I know. I was raised by a career military man and I spent many years in the military myself. It's tough on wives and families. The hours are erratic, there are constant moves, you don't always end up in a garden spot and there can be months and years of separation. During the latter, there's no guarantee the servicemember is going to return alive. So as I said, it takes a toll. Consequently, I have to give a lot of credit and admiration to military spouses. That's all!

Old 11-16-2012, 06:30 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,154,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
Mistress looks like a hag. Wife has a nice warm face that appears welcoming. Or am I the only one who sees this?
As we mature we start seeing and appreciating character in faces rather than cute dimples or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships