Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2012, 08:13 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,675,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I have a do-not-date policy about guys who were born into money.

You're kidding right? My best friend is one of the most awesome people I know and his dad is worth millions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 08:19 PM

102,071 posts, read 107,036,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
You're kidding right? My best friend is one of the most awesome people I know and his dad is worth millions
I haven't been impressed with the individuals I know who are in this category. I don't know your friend's circumstances, but I'm talking about guys who had money to burn beginning in their teens. They were set up with their own stash of cash to do with as they pleased the rest of their lives. They'd spend it on very expensive toys, jet-setting, etc. If your friend is an exception, more power to him.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:48 AM

23 posts, read 49,853 times
Everyone looks better with a healthy tan glow. It defines muscles, makes you look thinner, hides blemishes and makes your teeth look whiter.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:07 AM

8,737 posts, read 9,424,733 times
For real, that's the solution.

Tanning Bed Addiction - YouTube

Old 11-19-2012, 08:22 AM

101 posts, read 249,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Also Ruth I was born into a bit of money, but my head isn't too airy, unless I leave the door open too long and then it gets really drafty.
Duck, I just LOL every time you open your mouth.

I get this picture in my head that im in front of a lake (dunno why it's not a beach since I like the sea better), sitting on a foldup chair and drinking cold beer from a cooler between us while laughing at everything you say.

I dont care if you dont like sitting in front of lakes or if you only shake, not stir... this is my fantasy

Old 11-19-2012, 08:28 AM

101 posts, read 249,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
So basically ugly men should until they're in their 40" and 50"s when women are desperate to start dating.
I dont think that's what I meant, but maybe the age thing really has something to do with it. Like I never even watched the news or look at newspapers when I was a kid. The gray paper and modulated voices were just too dull! It was cartoons or lemme play outside.

Now I still like cartoons, but I somehow have morphed into someone who LIKES watching the news and reading newspapers. I even prefer them to cartoons.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:26 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,535,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaoBella14 View Post
Everyone looks better with a healthy tan glow. It defines muscles, makes you look thinner, hides blemishes and makes your teeth look whiter.
Whites may or may not look better with a tan but there's nothing healthy about that "glow", it's just the uv radiation. lol

Old 12-16-2012, 10:50 PM

2,631 posts, read 6,991,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBeamDreams View Post
there must be a way to make some improvements and be more more desirable. (apart from surgery)

nothing wrong with wanting to improve and make an effort.

go to the gym?
eat better food?
expensive clothes?

what would help?

post some ideas
Fix your teeth get them as perfect as possible.
Go to a dermatologist and make your skin as flawless as possible.
Go to the gym stay in shape.
Wear clean cut clothes.
Smell as good as possible. (Women have a very sensitive sense of smell)
Be witty and intelligent
Create interesting conversation

Old 12-23-2012, 09:25 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,720,095 times
I really wanted to chime in to this conversation.

When I was growing up (grade school age), the girls would always call me the "ugly boy." In elememtary school, I remember we had to come up with a scary story for Halloween and a girl made me out to be the scary monster. Around middle school things did not improve as I would often hear girls whisper to eachother that I was the "ugly boy." High School was the worst though. I remember overhearing a guy with a group of girls asking each one, if paid $100, would they ever have sex with me. Of coure, they all said no. I also had one student bully me in class and always give me a million and one reasons why I would never be able to get a girlfriend. I would be a lair if I said that growing up did not cause some detriment to my dating life.

Jumping ahead its both funny and fortunate how things turned out. I am 28 years old, good-looking and still peaking. I have aged rather gracefully. I am certainly not the ugly boy anymore. I must have been a late bloomer! I can pretty much talk to any female now without getting that creepy, why are you talking to me type of vibe. In all honesty, its amazing how life works out. Most of the people I graduated high school with have let themselves go and it truly shows. 2/3rds of my graduating class looks older than 35, and not in a good, mature kind of way either.

The best advice I can give (from my own personal experience) to better your physical appearance is to get a good nights rest. Avoid excessive alcohol comsumption and try to deter stress as much as possible. You don't have to be a healthy eater, but eat healthy foods from time to time and always try to consume food in moderation. I have also established a non-time consuming skin care regimine so that I can keep my looks longer. I also try to get in a little bit of exercise. Just a little walk and/or run several days a week does absolute wonders. You don't have to skill yourself to stay or get back in shape.

In addition, I also try to walk with an air of confidence. I purchased a nice, expensive pair of Oliver People sunglasses so that I can add a little bit of style to my appearance and wardrobe.

To the OP, I wish you good luck in your attempt to improve you life and physical appearance. Life may not seem fair at times. However, I can be the first to attest that it is not where you start that matters, but instead where you finish that makes all the difference.

Last edited by santafe400; 12-23-2012 at 09:40 AM..

Old 12-23-2012, 09:35 AM

13,290 posts, read 15,236,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I have a do-not-date policy about guys who were born into money... It is not about money, guys.
Yet, you exclude a portion of men because of money. That makes perfect sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships