Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 12:39 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBeamDreams View Post
there must be a way to make some improvements and be more more desirable. (apart from surgery)

nothing wrong with wanting to improve and make an effort.

go to the gym?
eat better food?
expensive clothes?

what would help?

post some ideas
An outgoing personality and the ability to make women laugh. Being engaging and interesting, and able to make women the center of your attention. (A LOT of guys do the opposite; make everything all about them.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Getting your hands on some money is probably the best option. Then buy yourself some expensive clothes and a nice car. After that, you won't have any problems with women. After all, they are remarkably superficial creatures.
Actually, I think it's the men who think like this who are the "remarkably superficial creatures". It's a way of justifying either their failure with women, or their own superficial values. Women are happy with a nice guy who's thoughtful of them, stable, and fun to be around.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:45 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBeamDreams View Post
there must be a way to make some improvements and be more more desirable. (apart from surgery)

nothing wrong with wanting to improve and make an effort.

go to the gym?
eat better food?
expensive clothes?

what would help?

post some ideas

Go back in time and buy a lot of stock in microsoft and apple.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Go back in time and buy a lot of stock in microsoft and apple.
Exhibit A.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravityman View Post
wearing better clothes (that fit), eating healthier and exercising regularly (and not just meathead stuff) will help a bit. However, if you don't give off a confident and positive vibe, along with having a sense of humor...better clothes, gym and food won't do you much good. Be sure that you're genuinely happy with your decisions for attempted self-improvement; don't just start wearing brooks brothers and kenneth cole for the hell of it. Everyone has his or her own style and preferences.

With that said...at the end of the day, a woman's either going to be attracted to you, or she's not. Period. Clothes/confidence/humor will only improve your percentages a little bit. For the average guy - only about 0.1% - 1% of women will potentially be attracted to him.
^^^^^^ this.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalfuchsia View Post
I believe so, too. When I see who the pretty girls I went to school with ended up marrying, Im like why? And these girls dated the hot, rich and popular guys back then.

Even I would never give the time of day to any guy I didn't find cute when I was in high school, but now I find myself attracted to men who are nice, have or want LTRs and have stable jobs--it surprises me that physical features don't matter as much anymore.

It's more than just about being pampered, it shows the man's sense of responsibility, discipline and strength of character. You can see him being a good father. You also know that he will respect you. Those are what make him attractive.
So basically ugly men should until they're in their 40" and 50"s when women are desperate to start dating.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:20 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
^^^^^^ this.
Yup. And until she decides to give you a shot, get a bunch of hobbies so you don't think about women, because it can get rather depressing lol.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:59 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,570,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Actually, I think it's the men who think like this who are the "remarkably superficial creatures". It's a way of justifying either their failure with women, or their own superficial values. Women are happy with a nice guy who's thoughtful of them, stable, and fun to be around.
Whatever, women have been attracted to money and power since day one. I'm not sure why you would even try to deny this. It's likely an emotional response as most women can't really think logically.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:05 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,088,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
Wearing better clothes (that fit), eating healthier and exercising regularly (and not just meathead stuff) will help a bit. However, if you don't give off a confident and positive vibe, along with having a sense of humor...better clothes, gym and food won't do you much good. Be sure that you're genuinely happy with your decisions for attempted self-improvement; don't just start wearing Brooks Brothers and Kenneth Cole for the hell of it. Everyone has his or her own style and preferences.

With that said...at the end of the day, a woman's either going to be attracted to you, or she's not. Period. Clothes/confidence/humor will only improve your percentages a little bit. For the average guy - only about 0.1% - 1% of women will potentially be attracted to him.
I tried to run the gamut with posting different clothing brands. Even if you buy Kmart, it's still a style choice.

Oh ... and I agree with the bolded. A hard truth, better learned early.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:07 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,461,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Being well groomed.
Having confidence
Being in shape
having a job
well dressed.
This is a good list even if you aren't the guy that's in shape. Around my way, usually the larger guys don't dress well for their size, but their was a young man on the bus today, very well groomed, it was hard to not keep glancing at him.

I think some guys are more in love with their misery than actually changing their results, so they won't even attempt to implement changes. There's nothing worse than a man that draws attention to his negatives. The insecure, less confident and uglier you keep telling people you are, the more so you will come across as such. I can't think of anyone that would be attracted to that type of individual would you be? You'll even turn off those that might have felt tempted to offer up a pity _u_ _. It's one thing to josh about it, but to constantly let everyone know just how down on yourself you are will only cause others to see you as unworthy as well. Most everyone has their ugly day/s, but, gee whiz, you have to put out there what you hope to get back. Stop with the eking poor me. We get it, you know you aren't gonna win any GQ awards, so what, be the handsomest ug muggliest precious gift to the world that ever walked this earth when you rise each morning that deserves as much happiness as you earnestly strive for just because you believe it. Own your piece of the world with pride, you're no less entitled than anyone else and let know one tell you otherwise as long as you put in the work required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships