Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 10:16 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times

Advertisements

When I was dating, I did it without apology or remorse. I learned pretty quickly that people will ARGUE with you if you say no you don't want to go out with them. Call you names. All kinds of nonsense. What difference does it make WHY I don't want to go out with you? I don't need a why NOT to go out with someone. I need a why TO go out with someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 10:18 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
First date was already set. I hate it when people waste my time.
Oh well that is just ****ty.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:46 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,163,903 times
Quote:
yea i met a pretty awesome guy recently. he was texting and calling often the first week then he just randomly stopped talking to me. i'm sure there's a reason but i'll probably never know. oh well. its annoying but easy come, easy go, right? try to move on and not get too bent out of shape about it.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:14 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
Why is it so hard to respond to voice messages, email or texts when it only takes 30 seconds?

I guess pulling a disappearing act is what is hot in the streets.
If you mean not responding at all, I know what you mean. It is outright rude.

But if you expect me to be attached to my phone, I will probably disappoint you. I will always respond, but it may take some time.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:25 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Why is it so hard to respond to voice messages, email or texts when it only takes 30 seconds?

Some people schedule their email answering for a certain time of day: first thing in the morning, or after work in the evening. I don't even check my voice messages daily, depending on how much I have going on.

But this raises a related question. How about people who only respond selectively to points in an email between friends? I have friends who live out of state, so we email news to each other, and chat by email instead of phone. But there are a couple of people who ignore most of the email, and only respond to one point out of three. Is that rude, or is that just a sign of a busy person?

Old 11-16-2012, 12:33 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
If they don't get back to me that day, then I wonder, unless I leave a message in the evening. Then I give it until the same time next day before I wonder. But not before. I happen to think that the demand for instant gratification has become a serious problem. People need to chill out. No text message is so important that someone should have to drop what they're doing to respond. As far as I'm concerned, texts are just social clutter, not social contract like a call or a live discussion.

If something is important, call, and if you get voicemail, explain the purpose of your call. Otherwise, deal with the fact that I am probably working or in the middle of something else.

And stalking someone's FB page to see if they've updated since your text is silly. Honestly, rein in the ego, please. Or maybe find something to do with your time, yourself.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:35 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
There were times(especially when I was younger) where I wanted to respond quicker but I didn't want to appear thirsty or desperate. Its not at the same level, but i still have that same mentality with women I'm interested in.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:44 PM

464 posts, read 479,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Some people schedule their email answering for a certain time of day: first thing in the morning, or after work in the evening. I don't even check my voice messages daily, depending on how much I have going on.

But this raises a related question. How about people who only respond selectively to points in an email between friends? I have friends who live out of state, so we email news to each other, and chat by email instead of phone. But there are a couple of people who ignore most of the email, and only respond to one point out of three. Is that rude, or is that just a sign of a busy person?
If that person was busy why did they respond to one point? They took the time to read the emails. It's possible that the person wasn't interested.

It's funny how I appeared thirsty or have an ego when I want some basic communication. You have people complaining about "how my boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband/partner just don't talk to me anymore" or "spend too much time tweeting".

Is that way we are going? do I need to schedule an appointment with your secretary in order to have some facetime with you?

Old 11-16-2012, 02:08 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:

I should ask my sister that question.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:14 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Quote:
That sucks but I wouldn't get too bent out of shape. It's when they do it after a few weeks or months of dating that I get really pissed off. Most people lack basic social skills and common courtesy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships