Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 06:07 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,461 times

Advertisements

On a scale from 1 to 10 (you know us guys and our ratings systems):

I'm looking for a woman who is a 5 or 6 for looks and a 10 for personality.
I am not willing to settle on less than a 10 for personality, unless it's just sex and not a relationship.

Guys care about personality when it comes to relationships. If it's just a one-night hookup, guys don't care. I suspect women think similarly, although most women aren't as into the random hookups. I'm not really into the random thing either... i'd probably take a random hook-up over nothing, but i'd much rather find someone special.

Suffice it to say that the guys who do not care about personality are the ones who are ONLY looking for sex and are not interested in anything more. Otherwise, of course the guy would care about personality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 06:23 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I've always been curious about this...I'm hugely turned on by ladies with a certain personality type - fun, intelligent, nice, feminine, classy (huge plus). There's a certain vibe, energy and pace that is very soothing to me

Where did this idea originate from that men don't care about personality?

There's other people that say it on here, but I probably say it the most. Why? Because IMO, it's true. I didn't pull this notion out of my behind, I seen it in action enough times to come to that determination tenfold. I also lived it most of my life to know it's a load of bull. So where did the idea that men do not care about a woman's personality come from? Them. What they say and what they do are two different things; they talk a good game about some woman's personality being the end all, be all but bottomline is you can be as sweet as pie, the determining factor with men is still looks, period. Nine times out of ten, (this board as an example but reflects real life), if a man mentions a woman the first thing out his mouth has NOTHING to do with her amazing personality. It's always looks related. Yet they want to continue to push this notion that a personality wins out over all else. Who do they think they are kidding with that?

There's a number of women on here who have proven to be of the so called 'fun, intelligent, nice, feminine, classy (huge plus)' variety -- yet they are still in the same position where men are concerned; never getting asked out and/or flirted with. Since great personality equals ample attention from men -- But oh, wait, what went wrong there?....Men perpetuate this idea that if a woman is nice enough, sweet enough, smart enough etc. most men will want her. I bought it for most of my life but those days are over. I see the situation for what it is.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:34 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,238 times
I've never seen a very personable, friendly, under 200 lbs, non-bat**** crazy woman who had trouble with men. It doesn't happen. There is a lot of value in a woman who is affectionate and not crazy. That can make up a lot in terms of looks.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:36 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
There's other people that say it on here, but I probably say it the most. Why? Because IMO, it's true. I didn't pull this notion out of my behind, I seen it in action enough times to come to that determination tenfold. I also lived it most of my life to know it's a load of bull. So where did the idea that men do not care about a woman's personality come from? Them. What they say and what they do are two different things; they talk a good game about some woman's personality being the end all, be all but bottomline is you can be as sweet as pie, the determining factor with men is still looks, period. Nine times out of ten, (this board as an example but reflects real life), if a man mentions a woman the first thing out his mouth has NOTHING to do with her amazing personality. It's always looks related. Yet they want to continue to push this notion that a personality wins out over all else. Who do they think they are kidding with that?

It's not that "personality is determining factor", it's 50-50

Always has been, always will be. Personality and Looks go hand in hand

Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,315,080 times
Quote:Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider
You either get looks or personality with women. Since we have to choose, most men will take looks over personality. A woman's value is in the physical, not the mental.

Quote:
You're kidding, right?
No, he's not kidding, he just doesn't know any better...yet!

Old 11-16-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
It's not that "personality is determining factor", it's 50-50

Always has been, always will be. Personality and Looks go hand in hand
LMAO. You didn't say it, but that's another line they use: well if she's not getting attention from men she must be fat and/or crazy. Yes, all the less attractive women who have had the same issue with men, that must be the answer. ....anyway

You just said it, but majority of the other men don't say it's 50/50. They perpetuate this ideal that if a woman has a nice enough personality that will get her in the door with most men OR that her personality will override something a hotter girl has. Bull.....Reality is they will take some hot bit*hy girl over the average really nice girl and I don't care what they say. Men practically foam at the mouths when they can get attention of a very attractive girl.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:49 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
I won't give a girl I don't find hot the time of day. If she is hot and I don't like how she is, I might or might not give her the time of day depending on my mood.. unless she's just psycho.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I won't give a girl I don't find hot the time of day. If she is hot and I don't like how she is, I might or might not give her the time of day depending on my mood.. unless she's just psycho.

What if the girl is mildy attractive to you, you won't talk to her either? I am just asking.

If not that's the same thing most other men do, except the ones on CD b/c they're special snowflakes.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:57 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
LMAO. You didn't say it, but that's another line they use: well if she's not getting attention from men she must be fat and/or crazy. Yes, all the less attractive women who have had the same issue with men, that must be the answer. ....anyway

You just said it, but majority of the other men don't say it's 50/50. They perpetuate this ideal that if a woman has a nice enough personality that will get her in the door with most men OR that her personality will override something a hotter girl has. Bull.....Reality is they will take some hot bit*hy girl over the average really nice girl and I don't care what they say. Men practically foam at the mouths when they can get attention of a very attractive girl.

You realize what you're complaining about goes both ways though right?

Lots of nice guys out there who complain that average women tend to go for the top 20% of men. I don't think that's a gender specific thing

Old 11-16-2012, 07:00 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
I've never seen a very personable, friendly, under 200 lbs, non-bat**** crazy woman who had trouble with men. It doesn't happen..
Actually, it's quite common. Always has been. At least in the US, men tend to prefer hot to cute and sweet, or plain but fun. Shy guys like the last two categories, but they can't get it together to approach, so a lot of attractive women are SOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships